You’re subscribed to Core77 and Yanko Design. You love presenting ideas in sketched and physical form. You believe that design comes first, then technology. Sure, you’ve used a 3D printer, but there’s much more to prototyping!
If this sounds like you, then you might be our next Industrial Designer!
TAPP is looking for an Industrial Designer, working as part of the Product Team, to help us take the physical design of our products to the next level. You will come with a beautiful and functional portfolio to help push the physical products into the next phase of our roadmap.
At TAPP, we are innovating an immersive ecosystem of digital and physical products to be iterated like an app until people give up plastic bottles. We currently have a digital product (MYTAPP) and a physical product (the on-faucet filter) that is used by more than 11,000 active users. Our plan is to divert 10 billion plastic bottles by 2023.
If you’re up for the challenge of leveraging the concerns of users to inspire transformative change and cultural impact, then read on!
- Sketch out ideas/create renderings using both physical and digital media
- Initiate and manage the design development for all physical products
- Source and validate new materials/colors/finishes
- Conduct research and determine requirements for designs
- Examine materials and production costs to determine manufacturing requirements
- Work with other specialists on the Product Team to evaluate design concepts
- Present digital and physical prototypes
- Evaluate product safety, appearance, and function for practicality and certification
-Support in determining a qualification plan
- Collaborate with the Product and Manufacturing Teams throughout all stages of product development; from concept mockups through design refinement, product samples and production specs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional level of English
- Self starter on learning and implementing new technologies
- Excellent understanding of WiFi, Bluetooth, Location stack architecture and implementation
- Higher education certificate or diploma in Industrial Design, Product Design, or a related field
- Fluency in Illustrator, Photoshop, CAD, and 3D printing
- Capability to work as well independently as with a team
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Conflict resolution experience
- Comfortable in a fast paced, international, and multidisciplinary environment
PREVIOUS KNOWLEDGE/WILLINGNESS TO LEARN
- Google Drive
- Rules/regulations/best practices and performance standards of manufacturing
- Understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Design thinking
- Emotional intelligence
- Professional Spanish
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience sourcing and working with new materials
- 1-2 years research and development experience
- Exposure to startup/fast paced work environment
- Salary will vary depending on experience
- Bonus based on performance
- Health insurance
- Be part of something that will make the world a better place
- A real impact on company performance and growth
- Great start-up culture and an international and friendly work environment
- Possibility to work remotely from time to time
TAPP Water has the ambitious goal of avoiding 10bn plastic bottles by 2023 and build a $100m business. We do this through simple solutions that provide clean and healthy water from the tap, with a minimum environmental impact. The company is based in Barcelona with a team of experienced entrepreneurs, product, digital and technology experts.
About Tapp Water