overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our
customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our
customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help,
Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and
Whatever you will focus on, it will all be aimed at delivering the highest quality service to our internal and external customers.
This is your chance to make history.
Role: HR Manager
As Amazon Operations continues to grow in EU, we are looking for top HR talent to join us and drive our success as well as their own careers. At the moment we have a number of open opportunities in the HR team at different levels across Spain.
At the moment we have HR Manager opportunities in the Operations HR team in Barcelona. The Operations teams in our fulfilment centres are responsible for managing a vast range of fast-moving inventory. From receiving into the fulfilment centre to stowing, picking, packing and shipping to our customers, they work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
The HR Manager will be developing and delivering the HR plan whilst ensuring, through a team of HR Business Partners and HR Assistants, the effective delivery of an excellent, customer-focused HR service to the operations team.
Lead and manage the HR team on a day-to-day basis. You’ll Dive Deep to understand metric anomalies and Invent and Simplify processes to drive continuous improvements on the site. You’ll integrate yourself within the National HR team, sharing best practice and expertise with your peers. You’ll have an open, credible communication style that makes you a ‘go to’ person and by taking pride in what you do and how you do it, you’ll be seen to lead by example.
Employee Relations & Engagement
You’ll understand employee engagement and have a Bias for Action to continue to make the site(s) a great place to work. You’ll be a true Business Partner, visible and a strong communicator who can ‘monitor the pulse’ of the site(s). You’ll use your experience and instinct to know what will drive engagement forward – great Leaders Are Right, A lot. Your solid HR background will be a platform on which you can build your credibility, Earn the Trust of Others and will allow you to support and develop the Site Management team(s) and the Site HR team(s) when they are dealing with complex ER cases.
Recruitment and Selection
We’re passionate about Hiring and Developing the Best – it’s one of our Leadership principles. You’ll have that passion too and will work with the Site Management and Talent Acquisition Teams to ensure we attract select and develop great people.
Performance Management, Talent Management & Succession Planning
Our Annual Leadership Review process ensures that we identify, develop and retain our future leaders. You’ll be Customer Obsessed and will work with the Site Senior team(s) to help them create robust development plans and help them to maximise performance within their teams. You’ll Think Big about the development of people and will be a key coach and mentor for the Site Leadership team(s). You’ll ensure that the Learning interventions required on site are identified and implemented to plan.
We’re looking for:
· Fluency in Catalan, Spanish and English is essential.
· People with significant HR experience, ideally within a high volume, fast paced and customer focused environment
· People who are focused on delivering the highest quality service to internal and external customers.
· Strong analytical skills; the ability to create, measure, and scale will help you get into the detail of your role at Amazon.
· Must be hands-on with high level of energy and professional skills to function effectively and independently in a demanding, fast-paced change-oriented environment.
· Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative.
· People who are comfortable with everything from leading meetings to challenging the status quo. Ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions.
· Degree from an accredited university
· Have experience in an international environment
· Have experience in managing production/logistic sites with large number of associates
· Good understanding of MS Office tools (Outlook, Excel) and HR information systems (e.g. PeopleSoft)