XING is a social network for business professionals. More than 14 million members worldwide – more than 10 million users in its core German-speaking market use XING to boost their business, job and career.
XING is a platform where professionals from all kinds of different industries can meet up, find jobs, colleagues, new assignments, cooperation partners, experts and generate business ideas.
Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
We currently have an opening in Barcelona for a HR Consultant
A challenging task:
As a member of our large HR team in different locations, and reporting to Team Lead in HR in Hamburg (Headquarters) Your role will be to take care of all HR matters starting with new employees‘ onboarding process on close cooperation with our recruiting in our agile office in Barcelona.
Your main focus will be to maintain HR Data accuracy and optimizing the HR systems and processes. You will be the first point of contact for questions from employees and people managers in all HR related topics. You will be part of a local team and also have HR Business Partner and HR team support from our Hamburg office. To align with the Hamburg-based team and ensure smooth and efficient collaboration, this role will require some travelling (min. once per quarter).
- Coordinating monthly payroll with our labor advisors.
- Keeping up to date with all Spanish labor legislation news, in order to adapt our internal company policies.
- Manage all new contract and other changes (sick leaves, changes in contracts…)
- Keeping HR data updated in the internal tools (currently introducing Workday)
- Responsible for non-residents work permits (NIE assignation, renewals, etc)
Compensation and benefits:
- Managing monthly changes of flexible compensation
- Solving incidences
- Contact point for all employees and people managers questions about this topic
- Coordination of courses (language, soft skills, etc)
Consulting with people managers on employee related topics
Support people managers in the yearly performance and development review in close alignment with the Hamburg based HR Business Partner
A convincing background:
We are looking for a passionate HR Consultant professional, who loves enabling our Barcelona office to grow by delivering professional HR support to our employees and people managers.
Key qualifications include:
- University degree in Labor Relations or similar
- 5+ years of work experience in a similar position
- English as a working language
- High standard of quality and attention to detail
- Assertiveness in dealing with employees and people managers
- Deep knowledge of Spanish labor legislation and payroll
- Experience with work permit processes
- Availability to travel within Europe minimum once per quarter
An inspiring environment
• Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.• A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
• Flexible working hours and some day “work from home”
• Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more.
• Spanish / German lessons.
• A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
• A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
• Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
• Extended holidays
• Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
• Bicycle park and package reception
• Large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
• A variety of technologies and languages: Perl, Ruby on Rails, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…• Relocation pack if needed.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
We're an Open Source contributor (https://github.com/xing) and we also organise public user groups and coding events, such as Ruby on Rails and other Tech Meetups.
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/xing_bcn
30.000-40.000 Eur Gross per year