Daye is a pre-launch female healthtech startup developing a platform that will enable women to take control of their wellbeing via innovative new products, accessible screening and a data-driven tracking application.
We are currently developing the world’s first plastic-free, pain-relieving tampon: we use natural fibers, as part of our commitment to environmental sustainability, in our tampons and infuse them with pharma-grade, hemp CBD to offer an immediate, effective form of pain relief.
We are a team of 6 based in East London and have raised over £1M from leading investors such as Index and Kindred.
About the Role
As a manager on the Mobile Infrastructure Engineering team, you’ll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you. You’re passionate about helping others contribute more and develop as software engineers and individuals. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building a product users love. And you should be as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems you and your team will solve.
What you will accomplish
• Manage a team of 2 - 3 Mobile engineers, both iOS and, later, Android.
• Ensure a delightful, reliable experience for Daye mobile users around the globe by enabling a rapid pace of development and iteration through collaborative development of mobile APIs, services and data modeling.
• Coach engineers in their technical and professional development.
• Drive the technical and organizational roadmap for the team.
• Make key decisions on architecture and implementation of scalable, reliable, and cost-effective engineering solutions.
• Iterate quickly without compromising quality and raise the bar on operational excellence.
• Continuously work on attracting and hiring high potential team members from diverse backgrounds.
• Helping to build an engineering organisation that can make a success of rapid growth.
• Experienced in managing a technical team focused on mobile.
• Willing and able to dive into the code yourself.
• Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
• Excited to partner with design and product management on both large new features and daily, small product enhancements.
• Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and doing it.
• Been actively involved in setting product strategy.
• Kind and intellectually mature.
• 5+ years of software engineering experience.
• 2+ years of experience managing a team.
• Competitive salary.
• Stock options.
• A casual, dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment.
• Flexible hours.
• Health insurance.