lastminute.com is the European Travel Tech leader in Dynamic Holiday Packages. It operates a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Volagratis, Rumbo, weg.de, Bravofly, Jetcost and Hotelscan.
Our mission is to lead the travel industry by leveraging technology to simplify, personalise, and enhance our customers’ travel experience. Experts in brightening up online travel, we help our customers find and do "whatever makes them pink".
We continuously invest in talented people who ensure our offering is closer to the needs of the customers and keep us at the cutting edge of technology evolution. We run our business in 17 languages and 40 countries, with more than 1,500 employees spread across our offices worldwide, developing our own products and services to power the entire traveller journey for millions of people.
At the heart of our culture is a commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or expression and accessibility. We strongly believe in an equal opportunity space, which is welcoming and celebrates the uniqueness of everyone who works here. We value different lived experiences and respect viewpoints, as we know unicity drives innovation. We want to make sure our people reflect the communities across the world we help travel.
lastminute.com N.V. is a publicly-traded company listed under the ticker symbol LMN on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
The lastminute.com UX Design team is looking for a new leader!
Experience is definitely important, but we’re looking for a person with the right mindset: proactive, motivated, design lover, friendly, team player and an honest and good human being.
We are currently looking for a Head of UX Design to join our team and lead our Product Design, UX Research, and UX Copy teams.
- Manage and develop three teams: Product Design, UX Research, and UX Copy, ensuring their work is aligned with company goals and objectives.
- Drive a culture of excellence, growth, and development for the UX team, ensuring team members have the tools and skills they need to succeed.
- Develop and lead the implementation of design strategies that improve the user experience across all lastminute.com platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of design with product development and business strategy.
- Be hands-on and actively contribute to product vision.
- Use data and research to inform design decisions, conducting user research and testing as necessary.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices, ensuring that lastminute.com is at the forefront of design innovation.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to understand their needs and ensure the UX team is delivering value to the business.
- Aim for the top. Help the team revamp the entire product from a UI/UX perspective. Help us compete with the best!
- Challenge EVERYTHING.
- You’re passionate about your job in its true meaning.
ex: You'd miss some sleep as you can't stop thinking about a difficult UX challenge.
- 8+ years of experience in UX design, with at least 3 years of experience leading design teams.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a strong understanding of user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- Experience in the travel industry is preferred.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- A passion for driving results and delivering high-quality user experiences.
- You have humility. We want to work with people who can truly collaborate and help each other.
- English is a must! You should be fluent at it.
- Open-minded and hungry for knowledge.
On top of all that, we use Figma to work, and our design team is spread across 4 countries, Spain, Italy, Poland, and Germany. If you think we’re a fit and that we could have fun together, please let us know by applying to the position
By joining our company, you will have the chance to:
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive-international environment
- Grow thanks to the career journey and our internal mobility perspective
- Manage your own schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Work a shorter working week (36h), of which 4 hours on Friday morning
- Get focus time for learning, development and deep work on Friday mornings
- Work partially or fully remote according to local laws
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Receive 2 days off per year for the purpose of volunteering
- Participate in amazing winter and summer corporate events
- Benefit from extended parental or marriage leave