Boxmotions uses technology to disrupt the logistics and operations around storage, delivering a more convenient service than self-storage, with no extra cost.
Our tech team reimagines the technology and data for each process in our customer-facing and internal workflows, to empower commercial and operations staff to work with far more modern and more exciting warehouses, transportation and customer interaction methods.
As Head of Technology & Product you will define and coordinate development tasks as part of the technical & product strategy that you will develop and implement. You are a solid, full-stack web developer with strong management capabilities and an interest in product definition.
After the service deployment success through 2016 and 2017, Boxmotions has attracted investment from top venture capital firms. So if you want to be immersed in growth and rapidly become a core member in an expanding organization, we’d like to talk to you.
- Define the company’s technical strategy interfacing with the company’s managing directors as well as cross-functionally with other departments
- Lead and supervise an interdisciplinary team of 4+ developers
- Act as a mentor for the developers on the team.
- Hands-on development: Write, test, document and deploy code.
- Use strong technical skills to define architecture and develop the architecturally significant components of the software system and/or interfaces.
- Create, execute, review and optimize database operations.
- Ensure functionality and efficiency of system infrastructure.
- Build technical quality assurance and data protection processes
- Act as Project Manager, establishing a methodology to monitor and achieve goals
- Maintain full vision of the product and roadmap/backlog
- Consolidate data into user stories and necessary product requirements
- Evaluate data that is relevant to product strategy (customer Feedback, Stakeholders Feedback, Market Research data) and process it to make informed decisions.
- Computer Science or similar degree.
- 3+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Willing to learn and take on responsibilities. You can make tough decisions when needed.
- You are great at leading and motivating people and have fully developed management skills. You know how to prioritize and manage own and others’ time
- Communicative and articulate. You are able to have to-the-point conversations and understand the relevance of each subject for different audiences.
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices
- Must have technical skills:
- Backend: PHP, Symfony 3, MySQL development skills.
- Vivid interest and some degree of experience in areas outside of coding: Architecture, UI/UX, system infrastructure, etc.
- Nice to have technical skills:
- AngularJS / Angular 2, Ionic 2 Frontend experience.
- Understanding of TDD and CI methodologies
- Good English
What you will get:
- Competitive compensation and equity plan.
- The chance to work in a high-growth startup environment with a great culture, having real autonomy and really making a difference with your contribution.
- A cool workplace in a nice area in Barcelona
- A learning-friendly environment where you will get and share knowledge