We're Holaluz and we were born to change the world!
You and the planet are what moves us to be who we are and to do what we do. In this video, Carlota Pi, one of the three founders of Holaluz, tells you more about it.
Our desire to do things differently has brought us to lead the transformation of the energy sector. Because:
- We only sell 100% renewable electricity.
- Thanks to leveraging the use of technology, we offer you personalized products and rates that allow you to save money.
- We put you at the center of all our decisions.
There’s more of us wanting to change things. At Holaluz we want to turn every square meter of the roofs into inexhaustible sources of renewable energy for more than 40 million people and at no cost to you.
So that no matter where you live, whether or not you have your own roof,… you can be part of the change just by joining Holaluz's 100% green energy.
All the energy we need is up there. It is ours, it is clean and it is inexhaustible.
Can you help us connecting people to 100% green energy💡💚 ?
Head of Software Development mission
The green tech Holaluz is looking to incorporate to its team a 100% technological profile and a global vision on the technology team, responsible for auditing, aligning and implementing the infrastructure and design strategies necessary to optimize the operations of a team of more than 150 people. Principal engineer with an internal and external reference of the technological staff.
What will you do?
As an Head of Software Development you should:
- Recommend adjustments to resolve software issues, improving the functionality of existing software, and ensuring that the design, application, and maintenance of software meets the quality standards of the company.
- Collaborate and make proposals across several teams on their engineering work, and help their team members make informed decisions in alignment with the strategic plans.
- Teach, mentor, grow, and provide advice to other domain experts, individual contributors, across several teams.
- Play a central role in technical, business, and organizational contributions affecting the sub-department/department.
- Solve technical problems of the highest scope, complexity, and ambiguity.
- Interface with EMs and Senior management, and enable Staff Engineers to engage on department-level aspects of larger initiatives.
- Look for innovation opportunities between several teams with a willingness to experiment and to boldly confront problems of large complexity and scope.
- Proposes initial technical implementation which supports architectural changes that solve scaling and performance problems.
- Guides conversations to remove blockers and encourage collaboration across teams
And because #SayThingsAsTheyAre is one of our values, we want to be transparent in explaining to you the expectations of the first 6 months in Holaluz.
In 30 days you will…
Understanding of Holaluz's technology culture and recommend adjustments to resolve software issues, improve the functionality of existing software and ensure that software design, implementation and maintenance meet the following objectives: (internal technology consultant).
- Understand the different technological contexts and quality standards of the company.
- Audit and identify gaps for improvement at talent and technology stack level.
- Detect technology needs and create assess the capabilities we have.
- Business understanding.
- Decide together with the VP of technology the future structure, priorities and hiring needs for the staff engineers crew.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the main objectives we have and challenges to overcome.
- Proactively get to know your teammates and make the first weeklies sync with your teammates and push your first commits to production.
- As principal engineer you will start to manage all phases of technical projects.
In 90 days you will...
Propose concrete solutions in timeline to align the technology stack. Design a solid and shared roadmap according to a digital transformation from AS IS all TO BE with workflows and concrete timeline.
- Design architecture according to needs.
- Downgrade internal strategy to architectural strategy.
- Have been part of some cross-cutting decisions, together with your fellow staff engineers and crew members.
- Have a clear impact within the area you are working on.
- Have understood, challenged and contributed to the staff crew's objectives and the metrics used to measure them.
- You will conduct engineering studies and investigations, and prepare reports for company leadership.
- Started to supervise the research, development, and design of engineering projects for the company and within your area.
In 180 days you will…
Alignment of technological intelligence and execution of AS IS to TO BE in order to be able to provide a correct service to strategic plans, business needs and market competition.
- Solve technical problems.
- Simplify technological complexity and unify practices.
- Create unity between the different interdependencies of the different ecosystems.
- Technical alignment and updating of frameworks.
- Optimize resources.
- Foresee solutions to future problems.
- Provide autonomy to teams.
- Provide visibility and align or work on gaps with Engineering Managers + VP Tech.
- Comply with company quality standards.
- Have a deep understanding of your role and how to generate the greatest possible impact with it at Holaluz.
- Be leading initiatives both within your area and across technology team.
- Be a reference as a person who provide engineering guidance to other departments, help to train new engineers and keep abreast of industry trends and issues.
- Be owner of the development and improvement of company products.
- External referent in the technology sector and external relations.
- Search for innovation opportunities according to external references.
- Proposing and attracting talent and/or collaborators.
- Providing supplier portfolio.
- Participation in forums, events, to convey HL's mission.
How will you do it?
One of our values is #KeepRowing, meaning that teamwork and team alignment is essential to be able to move forward and meet our shared objectives.
At Holaluz we have built a robust and constantly iterating organisational system, which allows us to adapt to the constant changes demanded by the sector and to achieve the purpose we pursue, using various methodologies. At Holaluz, meetings and decisions are made collaboratively, feedback flows 🤟 between the different teams and support between people is promoted.
Who will you do it with?
You will be part of the staff engineers crew, currently made up of 4 other top engineers, who report directly to the Technology management team.
#AlwaysPeopleFirst and #HaveFun are also very important values in Holaluz, and to have a good time it is important to have a good team. We are a team of more than 60 people with an unbeatable atmosphere...
Where will you do it?
Another way of #KeepRowing is rowing all together in perfect synchronisation and towards a common goal, and what a better place to do it than in our offices in Barcelona, just 200 metres from the sea 🌊. This exceptional location next to the beach is perfect for a break with a dip and to put into practice another of our #HaveFun values.
What do we need?
- Strong technical background as a Principal engineer in big organizations with multiple teams.
- Huge experience in a product development and technical leadership role.
- Proven product development ability.
- Technical background with experience in software development or web technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Exceptional relation and team collaboration skills.
- We expect knowledge and experience in Data, Observability, Lead XP programming principles, Agile software development principles , "Extreme" DevOps philosophy (you build it you run it), XP and crafter movement, DDD for domain design.
- Current migration from monolith to service-based architecture (therefore issues of service mesh, high scalability of services, distributed communication... should enter the equation as well).
- Our actual technological stack is:
- Front: JS, VueJS
- Back: JVM, Spring boot, PHP, Symfony, Python, Pandas, Node
- Infra: AWS with terraform (100% IaC), CI/CD with Github, github actions and Jenkins
- Data: SQL, Postgres, SQL Server, Aurora
- Communication via messages (Kafka, SNS, SQS or similar)
What do we offer?
Another of the values that characterises us at Holaluz is #EsPosible (“It’s Possible”). Therefore, we offer a series of measures so that you can develop yourself 360º and achieve everything you set out to do, both personally and professionally. In line with this, we believe that the most powerful energy comes from people, so #AlwaysPeopleFirst is part of our DNA, therefore, you will have the opportunity to:
- Join Europe's first B Corp Certified electric utility (companies that innovate to maximise their positive impact on employees, the community they serve and the environment).
- Baby Friendly Company certified. Nursery to help integrate life and work for new parents. "Casals" (summer camps in summer but also in other holidays) those weeks of the year when combining children's holidays and work becomes a little more complicated.
- Join a company where people come first, with an unbeatable working environment and great talent where we truly live our values.
- Unlimited professional development in an exciting company and a team fostering and facing together constant challenges.
- Our own library, with very diverse content.
- Being part of a goal-oriented and results-driven company. We apply agile methodologies and the scaling philosophy to everything we do.
- Free English and Catalan lessons at the office.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working remotely on a regular basis, as a result of our pro-responsibility and autonomy mentality, and our commitment to the self-management of the team's time.
- Subscription to Andjoy, which includes yoga and crossfit classes in the office. Mens sana in corpore sano.
- Reduced price for private health insurance (Cigna)
- Flexible Compensation Scheme on kindergarten, transportation and food with Cobee.
- Referral bonus, if you bring in people as talented as you.
- Organic fruit every day.
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of a company that wants to change the world.
- Share-based compensation plan.
- Competitive sustainable mobility rate with eCooltra for Holaluz. These are electric bikes and scooters, so you can get to the office quickly and economically, using individual and ecological transport.
- Competitive Wifi rate with Unique.
- Consultancy to help you create/improve your home office with our office architect.
We celebrate diversity in the world and we want our team to reflect this in an inclusive way. At Holaluz, we are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. Additionally, we strive to empower women in the workplace.
Te damos la bienvenida a la eléctrica donde siempre hay otra manera de ver las cosas. Por eso tomamos decisiones siempre poniéndote a ti por delante. Porque si no es bueno para ti, no lo es para Holaluz
Nuestro propósito es simple: crear un mundo movido 100% por energía de origen renovable. Lo hacemos conectando las personas a la energía verde.