Salary: dependent on experience
We’re looking for a driven, commercially astute and experienced Head of Sales to join the Zeelo team. You will be owning all sales activities of the company and managing the sales team.
Why you should join the Zeelo adventure:
Frustrated by poor transport options, we’re on a mission to reinvent transportation, by making it faster, convenient and more cost-effective. We intelligently use data to design routes that respond to the needs of our customers, reducing their need to own a car and waste time behind the wheel.
Whether customers travel to a sporting event or rely on us to take them to/from work every day, we make sure everyone receives excellent customer service. Our attention to detail pays off. We are proud to be rated “excellent” on Trustpilot.
We’re a well funded startup with transport and technology experience. We’re a team of do-ers, constantly balancing “thinking big” and getting stuff done.
Do you have what it takes?
When you join our team, you’ll be expected to hit the ground running, by understanding the industry and the marketplace quickly so that you can spot new opportunities and build a robust pipeline.
You will need to carefully manage your resources and your sales team so that you can retain and nurture existing client relationships as well as establishing new ones at pace. It’s really important that you’re a super sharp communicator, a great leader and mentor, and get a feel for the right business opportunities.
A positive, flexible and committed approach and an ability to take on lots of responsibility are really important characteristics. And we want you to think BIG!
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Own and hit/exceed overall annual sales targets
- Develop and execute a robust sales plan to achieve sales targets, from lead generation through to close
- Build and lead a high performing sales team
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships and drive account growth
- Progress opportunities through pitching, developing proposals and agreeing commercial frameworks for new deals
- Generate new business opportunities
- Develop clear sales reporting metrics that will drive the performance of your team
- Work with the wider team to ensure product-market fit, filtering feedback and requests to develop our product and offering
You should have/be:
- Creative, driven, resilient, proactive and motivated to try new things
- Extensive experience in sales/commercial with proven results
- Experience in building, managing and inspiring high performing teams
- Experience with navigating high-profile tenders and procurement departments
- Extensive experience working in a growth company from an early-stage and are used to getting your hands dirty
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - able to communicate well externally and also with the rest of the team
- Organised and able to prioritise independently to meet/exceed the overall sales targets
We’d really like it if you:
- Had experience working in a logistics or mobility company
- Experience selling to large corporates (deal sizes £150k-£400 pa), with needs for bespoke solutions and experience dealing with procurement/finance teams
- Evidence of having brought a new or innovative product to market
- Had experience selling a product that has a B2B2C element, where the initial sale is only 50% of the challenge and account growth is key
- Experience hands on and building sales teams, ideally with regional sales people
- Had experience in working in multiple locations and managing multiple clients at once
- Have managed and developed commercial proposals that can scale
- Have experience in a fast paced scale up environment
- Send us projects that you feel proud of along with your CV, even if it isn’t work related