FilledThis offer is not available anymore
The Head of Research is integral to the energy moonshot’s strategic goals, driving research strategy and research execution for the creation of a modern, clean, intelligent electric distribution system. The ideal candidate will have deep research expertise and will create and develop research projects that deliver results and direction influencing the Moonshot’s strategy, engineering, product and go-to-market efforts. The ideal candidate will lead an team of researchers provide the energy moonshot with direction for the engineering and development of futuristic distribution technology solutions. Through a combination of independent and collaborative scientific research the ideal candidate will bring innovative and ground breaking solutions to solve new challenges in energy Distribution. A collaborative team effort will ensure Alpha energy builds and maintains industry wide knowledge and awareness of innovative activities and breakthroughs that may provide competition and/or partnership for Alpha Energy.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, directs and participates in scientific research aligned with the moonshot’s milestones, projects and deliverables.
- Structures and leads short and long term independent (in-house team) and collaborative (with external partners) research projects.
- Leads an interdisciplinary team of data-driven researchers and experts spanning across power grid architecture design, electrical engineering, data science, behavioral economics, market design, to name a few.
- Translates research project results into actionable insights, directions and solutions informing strategy, product, and engineering development.
- Responsible for identifying and managing research partners and establishing project goals and deliverables
- Works closely and collaboratively with strategy, engineering and product teams to establish and evaluate technology direction and to address market demands and needs.
- Lead IP strategy relating to research activities – this includes writing patent disclosures and working closely with an expert shared services IP support team to drive patents from submission to acceptance.
- Develops and maintains deep knowledge of technology developments within energy sector, with a specific focus on distribution in emerging markets, regulatory and policy environments identifying challenges and opportunities for market entry.
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems or Power Electronics, Grid Operations or related field
- Familiarity with micro grids, distribution, grid operations and intelligent power systems is a must
- Ability to effectively communicate research results to drive implementation & impact
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and work across different disciplines
- 5 - 10 years of research leadership with demonstrable results – ideally in both academia and industry
- Emerging markets experience is not required, but is appreciated.
- Provide team leadership and coaching, to create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- High level of written and spoken level of English is required, Spanish is highly valued
- Startup experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and good at developing relationships across diverse teams
- Travelling might be required (10 to 20%), nationally and internationally.
Alpha company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.