carwow makes choosing and buying your perfect car easy and enjoyable. By comparing the best offers from our top local and national dealers, you get the car you want, from the dealer you like best, at a price that’s right for you.
We’re a driven, energetic startup with a team of 190+ based in central London, Munich and Madrid. We are backed by some of Europe’s leading VCs and have raised over £48m in funding since we launched, so we’re growing fast. We've just been ranked 6th in the Financial Times' Top 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in Europe. We’re relentlessly driven and constantly asking ourselves how we can make carwow better. If you’re proactive, motivated, and want to help us change the future of car buying, get in touch. It’s the chance to be at the start of something huge.
We are looking for a full time senior PR leader to help grow carwow’s presence in the UK media. The right candidate should see from the off the huge potential opportunity this role has to shape our identity in both B2B and B2C channels.
- Reporting directly to the CMO, you will take responsibility for leading the new direction for the brand in PR. Whilst we’ve previously performed well at car/auto industry publicity, we’re now looking for opportunities to go beyond this and begin to build a much more frequent cadence of consumer editorial content.
- You will also take responsibility for telling our story; who the business is, our founders and our mission to make car buying better for everyone. You will lead the relationship with our PR agency.
- You will also help craft and lead internal announcements/storytelling, working closely with the CEO and Exec team on keeping people updated on what’s going on across the business
- The role has strong interactions with a large number of departments and stakeholders; the candidate should be a natural relationship builder and utterly adept at managing a variety of stakeholders. Key figures include Head of SEO, Editorial Director, Chief Operating Officer and the CEO & Founder.
- On a day to day basis, the candidate will manage our retained PR agency and will be tasked with developing stories/releases from inside the business too. The candidate should have experience dealing directly with journalists and should have a black book of contacts. They will be expected to develop and ideate stories themselves that we can deploy across a number of channels; be ‘bloodhounds’ at carwow for exciting stories to land in media.
- This is not just a strategic role, but a role that requires a strong bias for pace, action and getting stuck in. Whilst the agency will be important in the success of the role, this is not a traditional ‘client’ role. carwow is a high growth business with a strong startup mindset; the candidate should be fully prepared for the flexibility in working styles that will bring. For the right person, the fact that no two days are the same will be highly motivating.
- Initially, the role will have the support of an intern and in time, will be able to hire a PR Executive
- Experience of a technology business, either client side (in house) or agency side at a mid to senior level. (The candidate should not solely have agency experience)
- A track record of outstanding media placements and storytelling with journalists (agency side or in house) with specific examples
- A thorough understanding of how PR ‘works’ in the real world
- Experience working directly with journalists and be able to contact a number of them directly
- Outstanding written and spoken English to craft and write press releases. Understand that words matter and respect the craft of storytelling.
- Confident and high energy, quick. Pace will be important in this role. They should be ‘on it’.
- Be a highly passionate, self starting individual and have a strong entrepreneurial mindset. Someone who builds relationships and rapport effortlessly.
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience in a start-up business running PR/communications
- A love of corporate and marketing strategy and how to package this up optimally for the best reception in media
- Knowledge of the car/automotive industry (agency side or client side), not a requirement though
- Experience of SEO and broader digital marketing
- Experience being on camera or in press speaking on behalf of a business
- Some experience of international markets, in particular Spain and Germany
We offer a wide range of benefits, these include:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces (let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- 5 days additional holiday for new parents a year, for their children’s first 3 years
- Sanctus mental health coaching
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity to work from home one day a week
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks and an annual ski trip
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga, netball, football, dodgeball, and tennis