Founders Pledge is a community of entrepreneurs committed to finding and funding solutions to global challenges. On joining, every member makes a legally binding pledge to donate a percentage of their personal proceeds to charity when they liquidate shares. We then help them understand and elevate their social impact, offering bespoke philanthropic strategies based on the latest evidence from the sector, end-to-end giving infrastructure and a global network of experts, all at zero cost.
Since launching in 2015, the Founders Pledge community has collectively raised over $1 billion for social causes. Spanning 30 countries and over 1100 members, it includes the people behind industry leading companies including Wework, Deepmind, Skype, Spotify, Uber, and Planet. Working across our offices in London, New York, San Francisco and Berlin, we are a growing and passionate team committed to empowering entrepreneurs to do immense good.
About the role
We are looking for an talented and thoughtful Head of Marketing to build, lead and manage a high-performing marketing team that will elevate Founders Pledge to the next level within the tech, philanthropy and academic sectors and help grow and engage our community in the most effective and impactful ways. This is a new role for the organisation and you will provide leadership and line management for our newly developed Marketing team, with overall ownership of Brand, Communications, PR and Design.
Your impact as Head of Marketing will be seen across the organisation, from the programmes we create for our members, to the way we engage with new and existing members of our growing community, as well as the internal and external communications we create. You will also see your impact in the press coverage that you and your team are able to generate for Founders Pledge, positioning our mission and vision at the forefront of the philanthropic and technology sectors to generate growth, education and engagement. Your experience across the startup world and through sales marketing will help you thrive in this role.
Reporting to our COO and working closely with our sales teams across the UK and US, you will be responsible for:
* Developing and implementing a multi-year, cross-sector marketing strategy to increase overall brand awareness, reputation and ultimately membership growth
* Leading global PR efforts to increase and enhance Founders Pledge’s positioning, delivering results in the form of press coverage, articles and speaking engagements for our senior team members
* Developing and refining the look and feel of the Founders Pledge brand, as well as how we talk about what we do internally and in external written communications
* Line-managing an enthusiastic and talented cross-functional marketing team
* Supporting our Community and Fundraising teams by marketing our work to potential members (pledgers) and potential funders
* Developing and maintaining relationships with journalists, thought-leaders and influencers
* Leveraging our research, insights, feedback and member testimonials through our programmes and events and generating an effective content marketing strategy
This role is perfect for someone who has:
* Significant experience in communications and brand leadership, ideally gained in the technology sector
* An extensive network of journalists, particularly within tech and high-end lifestyle publications
* Strong creative capabilities with an ability to ideate and iterate to allow your team to execute impactful, memorable and effective campaigns
* Excellent English written communication skills with an ability to adapt messages and stories for different audiences, in particular across geographies and sectors
* Experience building and managing a cross-functional marketing team in a fast-paced environment
* Interest in and understanding of social impact
- Generous vacation time
- Flexible working
- Private healthcare
- Team socials and retreats
- Well stocked kitchen
- Tax-free commuting
- Discounted gym membership
- Office dog(s)!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Founders Pledge