We are looking for someone who combines extensive experience of machine learning in industry, with research excellence, such as a Ph.D. in a related field. Experience of leading and growing teams in this area is also essential. We focus on analysing text, so knowledge of NLP is also strongly desirable.
- Planning both long- and short-term Machine Learning roadmaps and lead the team through them
- Design high-level ML architecture
- Ensuring that the ML/NLP team is working efficiently
- Review changes in code and in machine learning models
- Manage development sprints through JIRA or similar platform
- Communicate ML-related progress, information, and bottlenecks to the CTO and other stakeholders
- Good managerial skills and experience of managing complex cross-functional projects
- Product focused mindset (customer first rather than technology first)
- Substantial experience with implementing ML models in industry
- Experience of deploying machine learning models in practice. This includes awareness of infrastructure issues, potential bottlenecks for ML models, continuous integration, data storage, cloud computing etc. and how these affect the design of ML architecture.
- Knowledge of latest methods in areas such as NLP, text classification, neural networks, active learning. Ideally, this should include recent papers in conferences such as ACL, NIPS or EMNLP
- Ideally, experience of online or active learning and building human in the loop systems with user feedback to improve algorithms.