letgo's the largest app to buy and sell locally. With over 75M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings added by users, letgo’s already been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Mashable, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 165 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
The Head of Growth is analytical, strategic, and a results oriented leader who is hyper focused on scaling user acquisition, retention, and revenue. You will be responsible for driving letgo’s business growth and customer retention by working across all teams of the organization to design and execute growth initiatives. You will use your leadership to set realistic and reachable goals for the organization and establishing letgo’s long-term growth strategies.
We’re looking for someone who wants to build something huge and that people love because it makes their lives simpler:
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to confidently create and execute a long-term growth strategy for letgo
- Determine the KPI’s and dashboards needed for each functional area of the company to execute the larger goals of the company
- Analyze and monitor the overall health of the company
- Prioritize opportunities for improvement by generating data-driven analysis and providing a strategic outlook
- Provide leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to the team
- Develop strategies and tactics to increase customer acquisition, activation, and retention
- Ability to set goals and manage teams toward achieving them effectively and efficiently
- Position the teams to proactively support the needs of new verticals and initiatives in letgo plans to expand
To get there, you’ll need:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or another quantitative field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years experience in a growth role, driving revenue, and retention
- 3+ years in a leadership role
- Strong analytical skills to support data driven decision making
- Strong project management and prioritization skills
- Outstanding communication skills including verbal, written, & presentation
- Strong track record of setting and achieving metrics driven goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment; Startup experience a plus
- Fluent in English, Spanish a plus
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and
inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's
values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a
protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other
applicable legally protected characteristics.