Nextail is on a mission to lead the agile retail revolution. Nextail’s cloud-based platform combines artificial intelligence and prescriptive analytics to upgrade retailers’ inventory management processes and store operations. It provides retailers with data-driven decisions and operational excellence, transforming their businesses. Nextail’s clients are leading fashion and collection-based retailers including Versace, River Island, and Pepe Jeans. Come and help us to take a successful technology scale-up into a worldwide software category leader.
As a Head of Finance, you will work out of the Nextail House in Madrid, alongside our CEO and our leadership team and have overall responsibility for financial aspects of the company from financial planning, analysis & reporting to audit and control.
- Lead the Finance function and team, responsible for all financial accounting, audit and compliance, payments, taxes, reporting, and budgeting for Nextail.
- Support the CEO and Leadership in financial and strategic planning including budgeting efforts, cashflow modelling, etc.
- Be in charge of designing and implementing a clear suite of financial KPIs, reports and dashboards, to be delivered in a timely manner to the company's leadership team, to drive focus, value and business growth across the organization.
- Manage all revenue and cost budget forecasting, variance analysis, track key performance metrics.
- Manage (intercompany) cash flow and currency risk.
- Provide fundraising support (preparation, due diligence, investor relations and models).
- A highly innovative and fast-paced working environment. Expect to find an interesting mix of business profiles, IT geeks, data scientists, and as a fashion tech scale-up, a few fashion victims.
- The satisfaction of working with a high-performance team consisting of people from diverse backgrounds with extensive experience in technology, retail, consulting and entrepreneurship.
- Flexibility in remote work and office hours, using some of the most advanced collaborative tools.
- Periodic company get-togethers to meet the rest of the team.
- Compensation plan that includes a fixed salary as well as company equity and other benefits.
- Experience (5-7 years) in leading a finance function (including budgeting and controlling), ideally in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Experience of ownership of financial metrics, challenging with numbers business and strategic initiatives
- Solid experience and skills in financial modelling, forecasting and analysis.
- Ability to translate data and analysis into business insights & proposed actions.
- Strong planning skills and ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience leading team while applying inspiring leadership style.
- Ability to embrace and initiate change and manage teams through this process.
- Team player with strong communication skills, and ability to work with discretion and (cultural) sensitivity across all levels of the organization
- Ideally experience in supporting financial transactions (M&A, fundraising).
- Fluency in verbal and written English, and ideally fluent Spanish.