journeyman.io is hiring! We’re on the hunt for a Head of Engineering for our fast growing and VC backed startup, based in Berlin. Join us and re-shape how professionals can apply their skills and experience worldwide.
Who we are
We’re on a mission to create the world’s leading platform for the global exchange of skilled workers. Starting off, we’re matching highly skilled construction and industry professionals from German speaking Europe with companies in the US, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, and South Korea. We are creating unique work experiences abroad for these young specialists – enabling an exchange of culture and knowledge.
As we are gaining traction, thousands of craftsmen have already joined the journeyman.io community and many of them are currently having the time of their life abroad. To support and spur our growth we want to further develop our platform and you are going to be the key to success.
Role & Responsibilities
As our Head of Engineering you’ll have full ownership of our platform product and will play a key role in defining the future of journeyman.io:
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead journeyman.io’s engineering efforts and define the technical stack and architecture.
- Design and build the key platform functionalities together with the product team.
- Connect the core platform with supporting applications and services.
- Ensure the performance and security of the platform.
- Relevant educational background – either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or any other comparable education.
- Hands-on full-stack developer with a very pragmatic approach and a strategic perspective.
- Proven experience with similar platform projects and responsibilities. Start-up experience and time abroad is a plus.
- Curious, insightful, proactive, and motivated – you enjoy exploring new ideas and ways of tackling tough problems.
- High level of commitment and ownership.
- Fluent in English, German is a big plus.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary, stock options and benefits
- A beautiful industrial-style loft office, based in the heart of Berlin – Kreuzberg.
- Unlimited coffee, snacks and our own beer tap!
- A talented, inspiring and international team
If you can see yourself revolutionizing working abroad and enabling a global exchange of culture and knowledge, we want to hear from you! Apply below or send us your full application to email@example.com!
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!