Multiplica Talent is looking for you: we are a human resources consultancy focused on recruiting the best digital talent.
Our client is changing lives and they want you to join them on that journey!
The Head of Engineering role primarily drives the company's technology function (team, architecture and process). This is a fantastic opportunity to help define digitally how people around the world can manage their chronic conditions and a role for someone who wants to make a difference in people's lives.
The role will report directly into the Chief Product Officer and play a key part in shaping our culture & product, and will be responsible for line management of our IT support Analyst.
- Building a team of high-performing engineers and shaping the way they work cross-functionally with the rest of the product team (design, research, product, support and data).
- Advising the CPO and company on data and technology architecture and implementation.
- Ideating with product, machine learning and other team members on how to best drive user outcomes.
- Working with the CPO, design, researcher and product lead to decide which problems to tackle next and break them down into the outcomes we’re looking to drive.
- Developing a technology strategy that aligns with the product strategy and determining the team you need to support that vision.
What type of person is a fit for this role?
As their Head of Engineering, you will have previous experience leading engineering teams, love learning about our customers/users, and want to deliver an intuitive and innovative product rooted in the best technology. You are positive, humble and aren’t afraid to make tough decisions.
You are a proven technology leader, with 5+ years of experience. You are hands-on and have management experience in b2c applications, healthtech, fintech and public sector or similar.
You will be skilled in building a strong, diverse team and then leading them to deliver. You understand that delivering the right solution for the circumstances, is more important than delivering your solution. Your experience is in leading technology teams closely integrated with other functions in an iterative way of fast feedback loops.
You will have battle-tested on a variety of technologies; including cloud, big data tools, microservices, machine learning, etc, and you want to use your experience to improve the lives of people by delivering technology that is intuitive, innovative and drives the right outcomes.
You are comfortable with owning outcomes and driving your own work and the team around you and are super passionate about the user and the pivotal role they play in shaping a company's product offering.
You will be a proven contributor and the sort of person that will be seen as a leader in engineering and management among your peers and mentees. You are energized by diversity and thinking outside of normal conventions. A strong communicator and presenter both written and verbally, you are able to balance strategy with the day to day, which allows you to “dive in” as the role requires - In the future, you see yourself as a CTO or similar at a fast-growing Series A-B scaleup.