TAPP Water is looking to hire a head of Electrical Engineering to develop our next generation of TAPP products and services. The person will play a key role in integrating sensors, data collection and analysis (including machine learning), wireless communication with mobile devices and IoT platforms.
Lead electrical engineering and product design to develop and launch new products reaching 10+ million customers by 2025.
The head of electrical engineering will be responsible of:
- Developing electrical components of the products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Software development related to electrical components of the product
Working with external providers to develop the manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Evaluating electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirming system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Assuring product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Providing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintaining product and company reputation by complying with the regulations in each country.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The following proven experience is mandatory for the role_
- Master in Electrical Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in product development of electronic products and components
- Ability to travel to suppliers/partners as required
- Advanced level of English and good communication skills
Experience in development of products including sensors, bluetooth and wifi
Head of Products
TAPP Water has the ambitious goal of avoiding 1bn plastic bottles by 2020 and build a $100m business. We do this through simple solutions that provide clean and healthy water from the tap, with a minimum environmental impact. The company is based in Barcelona with a team of experienced entrepreneurs, product, digital and technology experts.
About Tapp Water