The Head of DevOps will be managing the DevOps team, assuming responsibility for designing and implementing automation processes, ensuring principles of continuous integration, continuous deployment and delivery management are maintained across projects, technical strategizing, team planning and development. As well as educating and mentoring the team and wider organisation on tools and architectures, explaining complex architectures in simple terms for non-technical colleagues.
Skills and Experience:
● 10+ years of Experience
● Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
● Strong experience with any of the major cloud services (e.g. AWS, GCE, Azure).
● Experience with docker, kubernetes, GCE or similar container technologies.
● Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Saltstack or an equivalent
● Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing and firewalls.
● Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies.
● Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, as we also use Redis).
● Understanding of CI/CD mechanics and pipelines.
● A working understanding of code and script (bash, Python, Ruby).
● Understanding if app container technologies (docker) and container management.
● Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
● A degree, or relevant experience, in computer science, or similar subject.
● Strong technical and interpersonal skills
● Experience in a results based environment.
● Work both in team and apply an individual approach
● Extensive technical skill set
● Experience in team management (3+ years)
● Good communication skills
● Reliable communication with development team
● Proven track record in leadership
● Proven track record in technical strategy
● Proven track record in team planning and development
You will also demonstrate a passion for technology constantly growing your technical expertise both within and out-side the working environment, learning from, and sharing your expertise with others, and being able to suggest new solutions and tools to achieve the customer needs.
What we offer:
● Employee share option plan
● DAXT scheme
● 28 days holiday (including public holidays)
● AXA Private Medical Insurance with Family Cover
● Competitive Pension Scheme
● Discounted Gym Membership – Pure Gym
● Employee Assistance Program
● 24 hour confidential telephone Counselling Service
● Legal support — covering domestic and family legal matters
● 24/7 Online GP – eConsultations
● 2 for 1 Cinema Tickets*
● Regular employee Engagement activities and Fun days
About Block Ex