Are you able to manage and motivate multiple, distributed development teams? Are you an advocate for agile development methodologies with a genuine passion for technology? Are you seeking to grow your career within a collaborative environment? Yes -we have your next career move.
Derivco Sports continues to grow as we further develop our cutting edge product and enter new markets, we’re seeking an experienced Head of Development to help us achieve our goals.
As Head of Development you will be one of the leading figures who will help to guide talented teams of experts to deliver the very best software of their careers. You will give direction and have ownership of the structure, processes, technology and architecture in order to achieve company goals. You will lead development teams for one of our key product areas and collaborate with your peers across other areas of our product.
To do this, you will need to have a good understanding of the technologies your team are using and the ability to build great relationships with team members and stakeholders. You will monitor the performance of the team in line with core deliverables whilst ensuring the business plan is aligned with our overall company strategy.
To be successful in this role you will need to develop an excellent understanding of the company processes, management teams, and technology across multiple projects. You will be responsible for the technical quality and security of software releases and should be able to identify risks and trends that could impede the success of the business.
This role requires knowledge across various sections of the business such as OO programming languages, functional programming languages, an understanding of database creation and maintenance. These skills must be combined with product and business knowledge in order to be successful.
- Substantial experience in software development with a knowledge of OO programming (E.g C# or Java) and functional programming (E.g Erlang, Elixir, Ruby)
- Experience of project management and methodologies
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Proven experience in a similar leadership role
- Able to explain complex technical solutions to non-developers
- Strong and demonstrable ability to build lasting relationships
- Solutions focused
- Ability to mediate disagreements to negotiate a win-win
- Knowledge of technology trends
- Excellent knowledge of agile development methodologies