Spotcap is a leading global fintech company operating in the trillion dollar online lending space. We are driven by the mission to empower SMEs with tailored finance, allowing them to focus on what really matters – their business. Spotcap operates in five countries and is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, with a local presence in the UK, the Netherlands, Spain, Australia and New Zealand. We are growing rapidly!
We are an international team of finance, engineering, marcomms and business professionals from more than 25 countries. Our most important asset are the masterminds behind Spotcap - our people. We are always looking for like-minded people who want to join us in empowering SMEs and evolving the finance industry.
We’re looking for a Head of Data Science
with proven experience managing a small cross-functional data science
and business intelligence team. You will work closely together with the
IT and Product departments to create scalable and highly efficient data
analytics infrastructure and drive state-of-the art data science
initiatives from prototype to production.
In this role you will…
- Manage, train and mentor a small, cross-functional team of data analysts (data science and business intelligence).
- Drive data science initiatives in cooperation with the IT and Product team in order to build a scalable and highly efficient machine learning infrastructure for the next generation of credit scoring models.
- Establish efficient, automated processes for large-scale modelling.
- Be responsible for the implementation and continuous development of data science best-practices.
- Collaborate closely with top-level management and product developers to develop pertinent algorithms and applications for all business users.
- Build confidence and trust in data science solutions through their presentation for both tech and non-tech stakeholders.
- Be an advocate across the company for decision sciences and investigate opportunities within other departments to utilise advanced analytics.
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following:
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team of more than 120 employees from 25 countries, with diverse backgrounds, based in our offices in the heart of Berlin.
- Strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business.
- A startup atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies - meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas.
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending personal training and development courses to ensure continuous growth and development.
- A great company culture with regular social activities, tech talks and health and fitness initiatives.
- A collaborative working culture with regular brainstorms, stand-ups and inter-departmental gatherings across two continents.
- Choose your own device: the option to choose between a high-end Dell or Mac Notebook.
- Fresh fruit, drinks, cereals, and regular team breakfasts.
- Relocation support services.
Our ideal candidate...
- Has a MSc or Ph. D. in an applied quantitative discipline e.g., Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Operations Research.
- Has a deep understanding of the state-of-the-art machine learning techniques, and in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge in at least one of the following fields: deep learning, natural language processing, recommender systems, computational optimisation (e.g. linear programming, constraint programming.)
- Has a proven track record of managing, training and mentoring small, cross-functional data analytics teams.
- Has demonstrated experience in prototyping and developing data driven products.
- Has experience working in the finance industry, especially performing statistical modelling and credit scoring on different financial products such as: loans, credit lines, cash advances etc., consumer or business products is a plus.
- Is able to communicate complex data solutions across the company - you can articulate experiment goals and methodologies clearly, and communicate insights in an easily accessible way to the team.
- Is familiar with technical tools for data analysis such as Python, R, SQL/HiveQL/Presto, and programming concepts (evidenced by work experience, or a GitHub profile).
- Scala programming experience would be a plus.