A few months ago, Typeform decided to hit the fast forward button on our Data Team.
We’ve now got a dynamic bunch of data specialists, an integrated data warehouse, and a service-based model that feeds information to every area of the business. And we did it all in just 6 months. How? Find out here.
Now we’re looking for an experienced Head of Data Operations to keep the fast forward finger firmly pressed down.
Here’s Alessandro, our Director of Analytics:
“This is a newly-created team and everything is developing. There’s plenty of space for creativity and it’s a unique opportunity to help shape the future of Typeform.”
So, how about it?
Can you show us how you’ve led a team of Data Architects and Analysts to achieve amazing results? Do you love optimizing current systems while keeping one eye on the future?
You’ll report directly to Alessandro, and manage our Data Operations pillar.
Let’s crunch some data on your duties. You will:
- Guarantee best standards of data integrity and availability, and ensure organic growth of the infrastructure.
- Foster and scale the team, with a particular focus on wellbeing and motivation.
- Orchestrate the definition, implementation, storage, and exploitation of tracking data and its flow to all existing integrations.
- Ensure the quality and availability of the tools used by our engineers and data scientists (ETL Servers, Visualization, Cloud Computing, Dev Environments, etc.)
- Work with other departments to meet their data needs, making the info clear for tech experts and newbies alike.
- Champion a healthy data culture throughout the organization.
So now you know the basics. But what will your future colleagues want to see from you?
Colin Furlong, Data Discovery Analyst, has this to say:
“We want someone who knows their stuff—that’s a given. But we also want someone who can help us grow as a team, and spearhead data-driven solutions within Typeform."
Srdjan Nikitovic, Data Architect, adds that the team should be the envy of the data community:
"We want someone who can not only help us build world-class data infrastructure, but also a world-class data ops team."
- You have experience managing a team of Data Engineers and BI developers (or something similar).
- You’re empathetic—you love helping people grow professionally and personally.
- You’ve got knowledge on several BI stacks (ETL & Visualization), and you’ve worked with distributed systems (Hadoop, Redshift, etc.)
- You can take a complex concept and make it sound simple.
- You’re skilled at guiding business users through the data jungle. You understand their needs, translate them into technical requirements, and design effective BI solutions.
- You’re pragmatic. You value simple and effective solutions over complicated brain-melters.
- The word impossible—given the appropriate time and resources, of course—does not compute.
- You’re hungry to learn and embrace healthy debate.
- You’re fluent in English and eager to work in a multicultural, international environment.
If that all sounds good, click apply now to show us your stuff. ETL
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!