We are a team of extroverts and introverts from different countries. We speak more than 8 languages and the team is formed by people from 6 different countries! We are a remote friendly company with HQ in sunny Barcelona. 😎
Our vision is not only to change the way we buy but also to offer our employees a fantastic and challenging experience. A job where you will be challenged, empowered and be able to grow in the direction you choose.
At Picker we are changing the way we buy by empowering good products and the ones that discover them. 👌🏽
Good products are hidden under a big amount of junk.
Picker is a marketplace where users share their favorite products.
Pickers add their picks and share them with their friends or followers. Pretty easy. 🤩
We are now looking for a Head of Data to build our Data team at Picker. We need a highly motivated individual (she/he/they) to help us understand our data, solve business needs and help us grow by understanding data insights.
If you think this is interesting for you drop us an email to email@example.com
As a Head of Data you will be a part of a team where you will:
- Initially work with the dev team to help unify data sources ranging from MySQL to BigQuery. We collect and store a large amount of data that we're not using - we need help to make sense of it. (Will require some cloud engineering knowledge - e.g. Amazon Sagemaker, ETL, etc)
- Work closely with the Product team to garner insights from our social network - observing trends, sparking ideas and clustering communities to determine how best to grow our product
- Work on NLP concepts like:
- Product categorisation using breadcrumb
- Vectorisation of product documents to de-duplicate products from our DB
- Plug into existing recommendation engines by providing good data (we use Algolia for search)
- Social graph analysis to understand how to recommend friends, build communities and grow them
- Passion for what Picker does and our vision.
- 3+ years of professional experience outside of an academic and internship setting in a data role (could be Data Engineering or Data Science)
- Your goal is to drive impact not just theory
- ETL, pipeline and data mining experience a big big plus.
- You love Python but can understand languages like TypeScript.
- The words empower each other, care and simplicity are something you feel connected to.
- You have experience with web analytics and product metrics.
What are we bringing to the table:
- Highly competitive package
- Work from a cool office in Poblenou, Barcelona. 🐙
- Remote work encouraged! 🗺
- Amazing Syra coffee ☕️
- Friday beers/wine with the team 🍺
- Monthly lunches with the team
- Yoga and Meditation Classes on a weekly basis