What you will be doing as Head of Data
You have a background in the data field, either as a (data) engineer or as a scientists and have experience leading a highly skilled team.
In this role you are responsible for the creation and execution of Yolt’s data strategy. and you are up-to-date with the developments in machine learning and able to setup experiments to test certain hypotheses.
You will oversee all data-related activities and ensure alignment with the CPO and CTO.
On a day to day basis you work with the Data Team where you fulfill the role as a Product Owner, determining the backlog of the team.
The Data Team is responsible for building the analytical capabilities of Yolt to support our users with useful insights and the business with comprehensive analysis about retention, churn and usage.
It's also part of your job to seek alignment outside Yolt to determine what external sources or products we can use to make better predictions and help our users to be even smarter with their money.
Joining Yolt you get the chance to work in the forefront of the
fintech sector, being able to work with new technologies and with a
great team of skilled colleagues.
What we are looking for in a Head of Data
- Master’s Degree or PhD in a computer science or statistics
- Strong skills in software development or in development of data science models
- A proven track record in the creation and execution of a data strategy
- Skills to coach other data scientists, analysts and engineers
- Interest to stay up-to-date on relevant new developments
- Experience in the following: NOSQL, SQL, Python, Java, Spark, Scala tools like Jenkins, Git(lab) Data security solutions like Ranger Linux, Docker
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication skills and teamplaying abilities
- Experienced in Agile / scrum or scrum master
- Already located in The NL
What we offer
- Flexible hours
- Ability to travel to other sites and get to know the local teams and culture
- Amazing future potential as we continue to scale and grow
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Inspiring, entrepreneurial environment with ambitious vision for the future
- Supporting, fun-loving team of highly skilled people
- A challenging job within one of the most distinctive departments of ING
Interested? Send your CV and cover letter to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org