BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. The company started with an idea – to index all the music in the world – and a mission – to better the music eco-system – and a team of nerds eager to learn how to build a successful business. Today the company has grown to more than a hundred people - spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, São Paulo, London, Paris, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Johannesburg, Singapore, Tokyo and Seoul - that team up to deliver daily 1 million identifications and 3 billion matches to our partners from all over the music industry.
We love music. It makes our lives a zillion times better. And we want to give something back to her (yes, to us music is a lady). Make her life easier and her future brighter. We apply our scientific, data-infused brains to tell everyone what music has been played – so that creators get the recognition they deserve. We hear everything everywhere and tell everyone who wants to know. ‘What plays around will come back around’ we say. We believe by helping this happen we can make a positive change in the music ecosystem and enjoy talent for another million years.
We are a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We like coffee, tea, chai, and mate all the same. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination. We say there is a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately).
You will be leading Content Integration Team, the team in charge of building and maintaining one of the biggest music database in the world: the most precious treasure of BMAT.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, problem-solving team leader, with a strong programming experience, passionate about music, who's rapidly able to understand technical processes and inconsistencies and find solutions.
You are expected to define the new developments required to reach excellence and to take care of the Content Team, motivating its members and helping their professional growth.
What You Will Be Doing
- Learning in depth every content management processes, from its reception to its employment for music recognition and metadata enrichment
- Analyzing customers’ requests or possible issues to provide the optimal solutions, defined with the rest of the team
- Setting clear team goals
- Overseeing day-to-day operation
- Speaking with a representative of all other teams to know their requests and accordingly define the priorities of every week
- Discovering the training needs of the team and provide coaching
- Listening to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Design and lead the developments that will push the Content Integration Team to the next step in excellence, efficiency and quality of service!
All About You
- Minimum 5 years experience in Python programming and in database management
- Linux and GIT experience
- Passion for new programming frameworks and technologies
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor in an Agile Project Management framework
- Be graduated in Computer Science, Telecommunications or similar
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organizational, time-management and decision-making skills
- Have some knowledge about publish-subscribe messaging pattern (e.g. Kafka, Google Cloud, Cloud Pub/Sub, ...)
- Multithreading programming, distributed computing
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS
You Can Enjoy
- Full-time job.
- Flexibility on working hours and home office.
- Flat hierarchy.
- Free coffee, tea and fresh fruits.
- English and Spanish classes.
- Wide range of online and onsite courses.
- Possibility to choose your hardware and tools.
- Free beers and snacks on Friday afternoon’s Jam sessions.
- Becoming part of a diverse and multicultural team based in Barcelona obsessed with bettering the music industry
perspectives bring about challenges and drive innovation, and
innovation is kind of our thing. Our open-minded and flexible culture
organically fosters this diversity. We've learnt that we thrive on
learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a
range of open-minded people from all walks of life. Our team is made up
of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, orientations,
abilities, musical tastes, dress sense and time-zones - but we all have
one common goal: Making the music world a better place. With equal
opportunities for everyone, BMAT is a pretty nice place to work.