We are looking for a highly experienced and motivated Head of Business Intelligence with a technical background that will be in charge of building the BI department at Lodgify, reporting directly to the CEO.You will be in charge of implementing a “Data-as-a-Product” strategy with the aim of:
- Democratizing access to data for all employees
- Empowering them to run analyses and reports self-service that will improve their daily decision-making.
What you'll be doing:
- Be the owner of building a best in class Business Intelligence team
- Hire and manage a team of initially 2-3 data engineers and data analysts
- Migrate to a new company-wide Data Visualization tool
- Implement Data Models to provide standard and structured data throughout the company
- Own the BI architecture and systems setup
- Collaborate with Business Owners (e.g. Finance, Product, Marketing, etc.) to understand their data needs and reporting requirements
- Implement scheduled SQL-based monitoring for critical business processes and data quality testing (e.g. greatexpectations.io, etc.)
- Run advanced data analyses on a project-basis (e.g. behavioural analysis, predictive modeling, etc.)
- Own the BI budget
- Provide analytical thought leadership and advise the executive management team how to extract more insights from our data
- Foster a data-driven mindset throughout the organization
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence
- Previously led projects with other Data Engineers and Data Analysts/Scientists
- Hands-on and experience in setting up BI architecture, systems, and processes from scratch
- Advanced SQL skills and database knowledge
- Experience in programming in the context of BI (e.g. Python, R or other languages)
- Advanced skills in Data Visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Good knowledge of industry-standard ETL tools (e.g. Airflow, DBT, Stitch Data, Fivetran, or others, etc.)
- Get stuff done attitude: you have a can-do attitude, are comfortable working with limited resources under tight deadlines, and are not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty
- Strong business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills and are able to work with cross-functional team leaders and the executive team
- Ideally, have a Bachelor’s or Master’s in an engineering (e.g. Computer Science) or quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Physics)
- Fluency in English is a must
You’ll receive a competitive salary, an indefinite contract with 25 days of vacation, meal vouchers, free spanish classes and private health insurance. By joining us you'll become part of Lodgify's friendly international team, of over 26 different nationalities, at the heart of Barcelona.
We are proud to have an international team that acknowledges a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. At Lodgify, we celebrate diversity and difference, and we are strongly committed to building an inclusive environment for all our employees.
All applications, including CV & cover letter, must be submitted in English. Applications in any other language will not be considered.