With the mission of reinventing real estate making it transparent, instant and exciting, Spotahome was founded in March 2014. It is the first platform designed for direct booking of accommodation of 30 days or more, taking away one of the biggest headaches for people planning to move abroad and making finding a new home secure, transparent, fast and easy. Spotahome operates in 7 different countries and 10 cities across the EMEA region, with a headcount of 270 people from over 30 different nationalities. To prepare for future expansion and growth, Spotahome is opening a global hub in London where the new C-level suite will be placed.
The level of user engagement is extraordinary -- i.e., the company has 6 times the Trustpilot user feedback of Onefinestay despite being founded only 4 years ago -- with 90% leaving an ‘Excellent’ or ‘Great’ review rating.
Spotahome has raised a total of $72 million. It is a private series B company backed by Kleiner Perkins, Passion Capital and Seaya Ventures as main investors. It is the first time KPCB (and any top-tier VC from Silicon Valley) invested in Spain. Investors also include Arthur Kosten (Booking.com), Alexander Aggashippour (Zendesk), Klaus Nyengaard (Just Eat) etc. Spotahome recently hired Balaji Nageswaran (SVP HelloFresh and former Amazon in Seattle) as their Chief Product Officer, Cleo Sham (Director of Operations, Uber EMEA and Uber China) as their Chief Operations Officer, Angel Azcarraga (Director, Software Development at Amazon) as their Chief Technology Officer and Amanda Symonds (VP Marketing, Vacation Rentals at TripAdvisor) as their Chief Growth Officer .
What You’ll Do
- Develop strong relationships with some of the leading landlords, property managers, funds and big direct owners in you region
- Drive sales through strategic conversations at all levels within partners’ organisations
- Prepare sales strategy, prospect potential clients, develop innovative business models benefiting both parties and conduct rigorous follow-ups to close deals
- Manage portfolio pricing negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our partners, including sustainable economics for both parties
- Develop strategic partnerships with key players in the industry with focus on bringing new Supply base or new tenant base through strategic relationships
- Launch and manage big referral network schemes
- Achieve and consistently exceed sales goals
- Help us identify and build best practices for your sales team and others
- Work in close collaboration with the regional operations teams
What You’ll Need
- 5 - 10 years work experience in business development
- Ability to deal and negotiate with a senior audience
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize selling activities and follow through in a timely fashion
- Ability to negotiate pricing with a focus on retaining value
- An entrepreneurial mindset, superior verbal and communication skills, and the ability to articulate value propositions to key stakeholders
- An infectiously positive attitude and drive to win, hustle and determination
- Competitive salary
- Fitness benefits: Gympass.
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Budget for training, certifications and team building activities