Precept was born in 2017 with one objective: creating applications to help journalists and readers alike to improve the online news ecosystem.
In 2018, we launched uCheck Beta, the first social platform for collaborative fact-checking. In July 2018, we were awarded a Google DNI Fund to create the prototype of a new application to tackle visual disinformation.
Our upcoming project is YouCheck (Experts), a platform to connect journalists with reliable specialised sources, and give those with expertise the opportunity to gain media exposure.
We are looking for a growth hacker to design a user acquisition plan to rapidly grow the user base of YouCheck, get journalists and expert sources to use it for their interactions, and gain quick media visibility.
Design and implement a growth plan together with the CEO
Manage marketing interns to test in different areas of growth
Build relationships with early adopters and keep the community active
Conduct and present competitive analyses and market research
Propose, test and analyse different acquisition channels
Propose front-end web strategy to attract users and benefit our marketing goals (if possible, develop and implement those changes)
- A clear understanding of data, analytics, metrics and statistics.
- Being social and understanding users’ behavior. Having great customer relations skills and being focus on customer experience
- Ability to take decisions and manage a small team
- A/B Testing and Data Analytics experience
- Editing and copywriting skills
- Domain expertise in UI/UX best practices
- Knowledge about both inbound and outbound marketing
- Ability to design and implement market research
- Having experience with growth hackings tools
- 2 or more years of experience, especially in the startup world
Interest in news
Understanding on the news industry
Understanding of journalistic principles
Committed to a fair, transparent information
Able to discern trustworthy information
HTML and CSS knowledge