Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Global Digital Marketing Manager
Fastly’s Growth Marketing team is looking for a hardworking, curious, collaborative, and analytical marketer to be our “swiss army knife” digital marketing person supporting our global field marketing teams across APAC, LATAM, EMEA, and emerging markets.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience in web analytics, SEO - across localised websites and multiple languages, PPC, display, paid social media, media buying and planning; and experience in conversion rate optimisation, and A/B and multivariate testing.
Do you seek a team where you can both learn from and guide your teammates? Do you enjoy working with teams across the globe? Most importantly, do you have deep appreciation for technical people and a genuine desire to be of service to our current and future customers? If so, we’d like to meet you!
What You’ll Do
- Be the go-to resource in digital marketing for our field marketing teams globally. Insert best practices across campaigns, localisation efforts, and events in support of regional integrated marketing plans.
- Adapt your advertising strategy based on your field manager partners and your expertise of what advertising channels have the most relevancy and perform best in different regions.
- Demonstrate growing traffic to our marketing website (localised domains where applicable) through search engine optimisation (SEO), web referrals, and advertising.
- Collaborate with the US based demand generation team members to adapt advertising, SEO, CRO, and testing strategies and campaigns for our field marketing teams.
- Partner with the localisation manager to execute against your plan for A/B tests and demand gen projects on localised domains as needed.
- Have command of Fastly’s audience and their preferences. Know how to be effective and engaging to software developers, security practitioners, and IT executives.
- Run weekly performance reports to help the marketing department understand what is working as well as areas for improvement.
- Ensure campaigns and efforts are appropriately tracked via UTMs and other methods.
- Work with agencies as needed.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years experience in B2B digital marketing and/or demand generation working in-house, ideally for a technology business
- You have a strong knowledge and hands on experience of marketing technologies and various media channels including: Google AdWords, social network advertising (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), Google Analytics, Salesforce, Marketo, Optimisation tools (Optimizely, Google Optimize, or the like) and see yourself as an expert in these fields
- You are the data geek, the experimenter, the creative mind, connector, and the person who delivers results.
- You have an affinity for learning new tools and channels to reach prospects.
- You love to innovate, know who your target audience is, how they move, and the best way to engage them.
- You are a skilled relationship builder with exceptional polish; a great teammate with demonstrated ability to influence and partner with internal and external stakeholders.
- You are comfortable contributing strategically as well as leading day-to-day tactical execution.
- You have experience working remotely for a global team, and thrive spanning across cultures, countries, and languages in a dynamic environment.
- Bonus: You are multilingual in English and at least one of the following languages: Spanish, German, Japanese, French, Portuguese, Mandarin
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.