SkyKick is a fast-growing pioneer in the cloud market and has won numerous awards from Microsoft Partner of the Year to Red Herring Top 100 North America. Our mission is to build SaaS products that solve the IT industry's cloud challenges. Our products are 100% partner channel focused and have helped over 5,000 global partners build successful cloud businesses by making it easy to move, backup, and manage their customers in the cloud. We empower leaders company-wide to develop solutions that are changing expectations. We love the new scale opportunities that come with our growth and are excited to share this amazing journey with more passionate people!
We are headquartered in Seattle, WA and as a 100 Best Company in Washington, we offer a competitive comp and benefits package, along with great perks! SkyKick is a proud equal opportunity employer. For more information, visit www.skykick.com/careers.
About the Role
The Global Account Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of our largest and most strategic partners to ensure successful adoption and expansion of SkyKick products and platform. This position is integral to success with leadership impact on the development of our global partnerships. Through strategic engagement and planning, this individual will build out and execute comprehensive initiatives to ensure every partner realizes their full value from their investments with SkyKick. This is a global role reporting to the VP of Business Development, and supported by technical and account management teams.
With deep multi-domain expertise and an understanding of partner cloud transformation, challenges and best practices, the Global Account Manager leverages their leadership and account management capabilities to help develop and land mutual objectives while driving executional excellence and governance. This role is also accountable for driving customer adoption and success across a portfolio of partners by engaging broadly across organizations, from C-Level executives through sales, marketing and technical staff.
The Global Account Manager is a partner-directed specialist solely focused on creating exceptionally successful partners through expansion and maturity programs.
- Strategic Consulting – Ability to conduct effective partner meetings, workshops, and business reviews, identify the drivers, trends, and requirements needed to enable change, efficiency and scale, and translate business initiatives and challenges into actionable roadmaps and solutions.
- Leadership & Influence – Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization, and motivate, inspire, and coordinate multidisciplinary teams to solve challenges without direct management responsibility in fast-paced, high-pressure environments.
- Technology Delivery – Ability to quickly learn and demonstrate product capabilities in response to customer opportunities and needs.
- Partner Advocacy – Ability to facilitate engagement with partners and internal teams to ensure that the needs and requirements critical to partner success are understood and effectively communicated, including gathering partner feedback to shape development.
- Program Management – Ability to orchestrate and ensure cross-org alignment on account strategy, execution of program plans, and ongoing partnership development.
- Thought Leadership – Lead and contribute to internal projects and initiatives as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on named partner accounts or process areas.
- Candidates must have a B.A. or B.S., ideally in an engineering or business related discipline, with most successful candidates having an MBA and 10+ years in Big-4 consulting, or within the IT technology industry as CIOs/SVPs/Directors.
- Ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies including C-Level Leaders and Senior Level executives.
- Excellent organization, program/project management, time management, and communication skills.
- Ability to lead cross functional business and technical teams to provide timely issue resolution.
- Proven ability to build and sell business cases with a strong understanding of business processes and their integration into enterprise applications.
- Willingness to go the extra mile and travel as needed.
- Strong skills in data analysis/manipulation.
- Frequent travel required visiting partners and attending industry events
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured and fluid capacity in order to meet simultaneous sales objectives.
- Remote customer and internal work required; need to be comfortable in extended phone conversations, conference calls, and remote computer sessions.
- Work or travel on a weekend is sometimes required to meet customer and prospects’ needs to ensure successful revenue generation.