We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
As the Southern Europe General Manager for Uber Eats, you will have the unique opportunity to build and scale our food delivery platform in one of our key regions globally. Balancing the needs of the consumer, the restaurant partner and the delivery partner is very complex. Add to that the fact that we’re delivering a perishable product on demand and at massive scale and you have a really fascinating set of challenges to navigate. But food is also fun, and our users are passionate about eating great food, so you get to operate in a world that consumers love!
We're looking for someone who has that mix of operational prowess to get great work done, the negotiation and collaboration skills needed to bring out the best from our restaurant partners, the strategic, innovative and creative thinking that's required to develop outside the box solutions, and the emotional intelligence and humility required to lead a fast paced business and inspire a team of people across different countries.
This is a rigorous leadership role in a high-growth environment, and you will work with the Uber Eats operations teams along with HQ-based engineering, product, and process teams. An ideal role for someone who has a strong experience building out a business, who's obsessed with tinkering and iterating to obtain operational excellence and impeccable customer experience. This is where creativity meets leadership and execution head on!
What you'll do
- Lead, grow and develop the UberEATS team in Southern Europe (Spain, Portugal and Italy).
- Set mission and strategy with your team and oversee the results-driven execution in your region
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both at the consumer and the restaurant partners
- Develop the business from ground up: Be on site at different restaurants handling logistics and transport, helping restaurants optimize their supply chain and connecting their business with Uber's
- Work with the Operations team, Product team and Engineering to communicate product and process needs to deliver Uber Eats in your region
- Run experiments: We're looking for people who are curious and passionate about solving problems! As a startup within a startup, there will be many interesting opportunities ahead. We have a bent toward experimenting and finding unique solutions.
- Engage with local regulatory and political stakeholders within the food delivery ecosystem
- Scale Uber Eats across your region through developing a high performing team while sharing your experience and best practices.
What you'll need
- A minimum of 10 years of managerial experience in operations, marketing, strategy, technology or finance (ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment and P&L ownership are a must)
- Master's degree in science/engineering, economics, finance, management, social sciences, law or similar field (MBA a plus)
- Experience in leading teams with strong emotional intelligence and focus on team development
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through deep analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with an execution oriented attitude
- Ability to adapt with humility and resilience
- Entrepreneurial bent
- A passion for UberEATS and growing the brand