Mediatonic is one of the UK's largest independent game developers with around 200 people across 6 locations worldwide. With incredibly diverse games, from top-grossing mobile titles, to hardcore PC simulators, from major IPs to completely original titles.
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry.
We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
In the coming years, we have plans to grow across all our studios/locations, in order to achieve this we are looking to hire a Game Server Engineer to join our Madrid Studio.
- Design, implement, deploy and manage scalable and high-availability backend services
- Collaborate closely with client-side engineering team and game designers to plan game features
- Contribute to the full game development lifecycle from design, planning, implementation, deployment and live operations
- Troubleshoot and optimise live systems
- Explore and learning new technologies, and contributing to studio-wide best practises
- Highly proficient with C# .NET, or equivalent such as PHP, Java, C++ or Python with an interest of working in the modern dotnet core ecosystem
- Experience developing online games, apps, websites or other online services
- An understanding of cloud computing and scalable software
- Familiarity with good development practices (source control, automated testing)
- Passion; for gaming or online services in general. We're looking for someone who genuinely cares about the quality of the work they produce.
These skills are a plus but not required:
- Knowledge of Redis, Azure Document, AWS DynamoDB, SQL or Elasticsearch.
- Experience building and deploying applications to the Microsoft Azure or AWS platforms
- An understanding of the techniques used for building high performance, scalable software
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automated build procedures
- Knowledge of Unity, C++, Android or iPhone development
- Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
- Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
- Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us.
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.