BunkerEx is changing how the shipping industry buys the $200 billion of fuel it needs to power the global merchant fleet by bringing innovative financial products into this age-old industry.
A position has opened for an ambitious Junior Front End developer to help build our customer-facing portal where shipping companies buy fuel. This is a great opportunity to progress your career, with training and guidance provided. You will be working directly with the CTO, as well as the wider dev team. You would be expected to become the key person for our front end work and the team's Angular expert.
Some projects you will have ownership over:
- Set up a front end build environment that always builds a quick loading, lightweight website in the latest version of Angular
- Create a fast, low latency trading screen and trade placement experience
- Migrate several legacy AngularJS features to Angular
What you will learn
- Front end build pipelines - NodeJs, SASS/SCSS, npm, Minification, Bundling, Webpack/Angular Deployment Model
- Strong front-end design skills - HTML5 / CSS3, Bootstrap, Flexbox, Mobile-First Responsive Design, Complex DOM manipulation and debugging
- Experience communicating with JSON backend services via API's and Push technologies
- Git + GitFlow
- Visual Studio Code and plenty of exposure to more of the MS stack
As one of the early employees, you will have the opportunity to shape the way we work. We have offices in London and Barcelona, so a distributed team mindset is important. We are heavy Slack users. If you have an interest in the ocean and shipping you will fit right in. We love people who can think and act independently. Our team is culturally diverse and international, though we all communicate in English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferable or relevant experience within the field
- Experience translating designs into a web UI
- Development experience in an OOP language
- HTML5, CSS3
Preferred Skills (but not required)
- Experience in Angular, AngularJS or another front-end framework eg. React, Vue etc.
- Previous working experience in a startup
- Live examples of previous work
- Participation in hackathons
- Equity so you benefit from our success.
- €25-35K Salary, depending on experience
- Option to work from home once a week
- Plenty of coaching and guidance from an elite team that wants to help you become a world class front-end developer.
- Help create a world-first product and potentially change how shipping fuel is purchased forever