Dare to jump? Are you interested in joining a hyper growth SaaS scale-up in Amsterdam? After a further $15mn of funding, team expansion is of key importance for us. Harver, an unusual recruitment software company is searching for a Fullstack Developer to pick things up quickly and help us disrupt an industry. How would you feel about broadening your skill set and learning on-the-go, all while creating something that really matters?
Stack: React.JS, Node.JS (ES6 & Typescript), Express,GraphQL, MongoDB, AWS & Lambda/Docker. Cucumber/Jest for testing and Jenkins for CI/CD.
WHO ARE WE?
Harver is an extraordinary recruitment software scale-up. Together, we enable global, innovative organisations like Heineken, Booking.com and Netflix to hire better and faster. You'll be able to tell people that you work for an organisation that has proven software that removes subconscious bias from recruitment processes. How? Our software uses scientifically backed data to make hiring decisions based on skills. Just imagine a world where teams are hired based on ability and personality and not purely on their resume!
- Placing a focus on skills-based hiring and personality assessments and ditching CVs means we are giving people a fair chance, resulting in improved company performance and happy people.
- Did you know companies are 35% more likely to outperform the national average with a diverse team?
- What happens next? Well, with 60 employees in Amsterdam, 100% growth year-on-year and a recent $15mn funding injection, it’s fair to say that everyone here is passionate about the future
- Check out our product being utilised by Netflix and Heineken
YOUR NEW OFFICE
Just imagine.. after a short walk from Central Station, the fist bump or hug welcome after which, Rik (our legendary Office Manager) will show you our magical views of the IJ from the 7th floor. You will see the cliche ping pong and foosball table but most people like to try out the Harver swings first. There's space for you to sit in the sun and there are delicious (free) lunches (thanks Rik!) When you come along on our journey, you'll soon meet the sky diver, the DJs, the clan of Game of Thrones enthusiast, the judo guy, the painter and board game fanatic. You’re first task; figure out who’s who.
YOUR IMPACT AS THE FULLSTACK DEVELOPER
What will you do? Well, you will be bringing all-round expertise and contributing across multiple meaningful projects, after-all, this isn’t a corporate. Together with your teammates and, Phil our Engineering Head, who loves tech such as; GraphQl, MobX and React, you will be impacting our business and disrupting the industry by:
- Co-designing, developing and coding our flagship product
- Playing an active part of the core development team, embracing new technologies and agile methodologies
- Building a very smooth experience for clients across the world
- Optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability, one of our core values is to 'Act one step ahead'
- Creating scalable and reusable feature
- Playing your part in ensuring the whole stack continues to be more testable and reproducible
- Safe-guarding our enterprise product quality
- Learning more about UX/UI design, scale-ups, our product, our clients and possibly data engineering
- Maybe one day you'll lead a project...
- You’ll hold a BSc or MSc in computer science or a similar subject or you will bring awesome experience
- Your understanding of good engineering practices is strong
- We would love it if you had some Node.JS experience
- You have the ability to self manage and take care of changing requirements
- Your hands-on approach to products ensures you 'make it happen'
- We fail, succeed, and learn together and we hope you like to have fun too
- You believe in building a culture of testing (we'd love it if you've experience within testing
We'd love for you to bring experience from a SaaS startup or scale-up, ideally within the B2B industry. This typically means that you have worked in agile teams (kanban ideally) and can keep up with the quickly changing demands. It would be awesome if you want to learn more about AWS, Lambda and Jenkins, this knowledge would also be obviously very useful. Some exposure to ES6 or Typescript would be great too as would testing frameworks Cucumber, Jest, Mocca or Chai.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- A position within Amsterdam’s most promising startup(not our words)📰
- Working on the frontend for global clients like Netflix, Heineken, Booking and Vodafone ❤️️
- Working within an Amsterdam team of 60 with 19+ nationalities 🗺
- The latest MacBook 💻
- Employee stock appreciation rights program 📈
- Great relocation package for international candidates ✈️
- Personal development budget 💰
- Commuting allowance 🚂
- Employer pension contribution 👵
- Healthy lunch 🥗
- A breathtaking view from our 7th floor office 🔭
- Free in-house Nutritionist (from time-to-time) 🍔
- The opportunity to join HarverFIT 🤸
- The chance to watch Sci-Fi films with your colleagues 🎥
- You'll be landing on the right side of history 🙌