We are looking to hire an experienced full stack engineer to build a suite of powerful web applications using best in class technologies and development techniques. You will work in an agile, multidisciplinary team to build products that have a deep societal purpose.
Working alongside designers, UXers and product managers, you'll build powerful solutions to our customer's trickiest problems. As one of the first engineering hires dedicated to product development you'll report directly to the CTO and work within the wider Cytora core engineering team.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Translating mockups into living applications using minimal, scalable CSS
- Making key technology architecture decisions as we build entirely new products
- Feedback to product managers and contribute to product roadmaps
- Transition to a rapid feature release processes owned by the engineering teams
- Upskilling yourself and your colleagues through continuous knowledge sharing initiatives (reading groups, lightning talks, show-and-tell)
You will have the opportunity to become familiar with our technology stack which includes: React, Redux, Node.js (Express.js), Python (Django & Flask), PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, CircleCI, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, DataDog.
What we look for in candidates:
- Experience with Django implementing APIs and services
- Commercial experience working in a TDD/BDD environment
- Strong working knowledge of agile fundamentals and frameworks
Nice to Have:
- Startup experience: building working products quickly
- Experience with Django CMS of similarly content management system
Cytora is building a new way for commercial insurers to quantify and price risk, underpinned by liquid access to data and machine intelligence. Using the Cytora Risk Engine, insurers can move from a subjective, assumptions based understanding of risk to an empirical and data-driven view. At Cytora, you'll have access to a network of world-class business minds and academics from leading global institutions. We celebrate originality and independent thinking, and work in decentralised teams, giving people the authority to own and solve problems creatively. You'll be offered a competitive salary and share options, augmented by our private health insurance. To learn more about our culture and benefits visit our careers page: http://www.cytora.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Cytora company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.