We are looking for a Full-stack Engineer to help us create the best possible product for teachers and empower them to engage their students with videos. If you are looking for a meaningful role on a small team you will feel at home with us.
You will have a front row seat in one fastest growing education companies, trusted by more than 25% of schools in the USA and by over 10 millions teachers and students around the world. In the process, you will be challenged every day, constantly learning, your opinions will matter and you will become an even better engineer.
Technically speaking, we use Node.js and MongoDB for our backend and we are in the middle of a migration from Backbone/Marionette to React and Redux in our frontend. We are fully hosted on AWS which we also use to store and stream our own pool of videos.
- The opportunity to work in education and in EDpuzzle excites you
- You make all your technology decisions with the final user in mind
- Relocation to Barcelona
- You have proven experience with at least one front-end framework (Backbone, Ember, React, Angular, etc.)
- You have proven experience with high traffic back-end systems in any language
- You love learning and mastering technologies
- You're self-directed, with proven ability to manage goals and deadlines effectively
- You have an excellent ability to communicate your ideas, regardless of audience
- You have a good level of English
The following attributes, while not required, would be valuable to the team:
- You have experience with MongoDB
- You have experience with Node.js
- You have experience with messaging systems like RabbitMQ
- You have experience with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, Google App Engine, etc.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Great team of driven people with different skill sets
- Brand new Macbook Pro and double monitor setup
- Brand new office in Barcelona
We are a small team of very talented people distributed between San Francisco and Barcelona. We started over 3 years ago at ImagineK12, the first education incubator in the USA and now part of Y Combinator (where Airbnb and Dropbox were born). We are grateful for the support our teachers and investors give us every day.
We empower teachers to make any video their lesson with a combination of our simple video-editing tools and powerful analytics about their students' progress. Teachers can turn any video into an engaging and effective lesson with just a few clicks and then always know which students understand that lesson, who needs help, if there are any misconceptions about the material, etc. thanks to our automatically gathered insights about their students. We work towards a day where every teacher and student will be just a click away from an excellent online education. Together we are building a pool of the best video lessons for the classroom.