“Would you like to see your work operated by hundreds of thousands of customers on a daily base?”
Michael Suess, VP Engineering, TomTom Telematics
Telematics is the fastest growing Business Unit of TomTom, and one of
the world’s leading providers of fleet management solutions and
professional telematics services, delivered as “Software-as-a-Service
(SaaS)”. Our products are designed to help professional drivers to drive
greener, safer and more efficiently. Our award winning online platform,
WEBFLEET, is highly scalable and has the highest standards in terms of
reliability and security. TomTom Telematics services more than 48,000
fleet customers in 60 countries with more than 763,000 active monitored
units/vehicles and is Europe’s largest and fastest growing fleet
management service provider.
Where do you want to be…in a year, in 5 years?
What if you had the opportunity to achieve more in less time then you could ever imagine?
At TomTom, you can. To further accelerate our growth even more and strengthening our leading position we are on the outlook for a Jr. Full-Stack Developer.
are looking for talented people who are passionate about great products
and agile practices. Be part of an agile cross-functional team and work
on graphical user interfaces and their connected applications on server
Sound good so far?
Here’s a little taste of your challenge:
- Discuss new features and collaborate with the development and UX team, commercial product manager and product owner
- Agree the technical implementation with involved component owners and estimate its work effort
- Implement, test and demonstrate new product features in an agile process
- Develop complete sets of functionality including the backend and user interfaces
- Work on further usability, performance improvements or quality assurance, including bug fixes and test automation
What do we expect from you?
There is no set route to become a Jr. Full-Stack SaaS Engineer at TomTom. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- You have a degree in computer science or similar.
- Command of English language.
- You are a great communicator, analytic, goal-oriented, quality-focused, yet still agile person who likes to work with software engineers; you will interact a lot with UX engineers, other developers, component owners and system engineers.
- You have a clear overview about all layers in computer software development, including REST APIs and how to make and integrate them in our products
- You have Java server-side development, including lightweight JEE, Spring, Hibernate, using SQL and noSQL data stores
What can you expect:
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a “start-up” but have the benefits of a billion euro company
company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have
fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the
people you work with.
Let’s not forget the good stuff
- Competitive base salary with a generous bonus scheme.
- Private health insurance (including children and partners).
- Pension Plan (after 6 months contract).
- Lunch Vouchers.
- 50% discount on purchase of TomTom products.
chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international
environment, dealing with all kind of different countries and cultures.
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
For the full story about the vacancy or procedure, please click on tomtom.com/careers
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.