PandaScore is the e-sports data provider. We collect real-time data about competitive matches on video games such as League of Legends, Overwatch or Dota 2. Then, we deliver it in real-time as odds & statistics through a REST API and Websockets to the e-sports ecosystem. We currently work with worldwide media, professional teams, and score apps among others to enable the growth of their business with our data!
To collect real-time data from e-sports, PandaScore extracts raw data from live video feeds (Twitch, Youtube Live, ...) using a Computer Vision & Deep Learning based software architecture.
PandaScore has been expanding to e-sports betting market for a few months now to become the first data provider in one of the most developed markets in the industry.
Why are we doing all this? 🤷
Sports is huge, no spoiler there. More recently video games have changed the way we experience entertainment (through streaming, easy matchmaking, and so on) and are reaching the same standard as traditional sports. E-sports is experiencing the same evolution as traditional sports have gone through over past decades but in just a few years. The growth is truly incredible.
At PandaScore we want to help the growth of the industry by providing data and odds to businesses. We want to have the most reliable and accurate data so products can be built in e-sport with the same, if not better, experience as sports. Our customers are using our data in an automatic and real-time way. This means that if we fail in any way there will be a big impact in a few milliseconds. As such, building robust products is key.
We also strongly believe that our combination of AI and Computer Vision can one day make a huge impact not just on e-sports, but on traditional sports as well. We are not closing any doors.
Learn more about our business here: https://medium.com/pandascore-stories/pandascore-where-esports-and-ai-meet-8d9078c021e5
Learn more about what it is like to work at PandaScore here: https://medium.com/pandascore-stories/what-its-like-to-work-at-pandascore-5622015f827f
What you’ll do 👇
To facilitate PandaScore’s growth, we are looking for the next PandaScore’s fullstack developer! Your role will be to build and maintain the next pandascore's products & microservices with the engineering team in order to drive all technical projects and ensure correct and fast delivery.
This is a fullstack position so you’ll be working on different parts of the system (back-end: Elixir/Phoenix, Ruby on Rails - and front-end: React, Typescript primarily).
As PandaScore's fullstack developer, you will, for example:
- Collaborate closely with our Product Manager and our Product Designer to provide the best products to our customers.
- Work on our betting dashboard that enables bookmakers to access our odds in real-time and customize them through advanced tools.
- Work on our internal dashboard that enables our data managers to review the data that our AI collects and manage it easily.
What you’ll need 💪
To be a part of PandaScore’s engineering team you will need:
- 3+ years of industry experience working as a Fullstack Developer (possibly with different levels of seniority in Backend and Frontend)
- A wide ranged tech culture and technical vision of all PandaScore’s products
- A good vision on both front-end and back-end challenges
- A passion for code quality and overall development best practices
- The ambition of delivering highly-available and highly-reliable applications
- A commitment to build the best products for our customers
- To be interested in owning varying technical challenges and willing to dive into unfamiliar layers of the stack.
- To be fluent in English
In short, you are:
- A product engineer: You fully understand the user value, and you will not be building features without having challenged it.
- A strong technologist: you are an expert, and the team can rely on you for any technical issue
- A teacher: You're able to expose your thoughts, explain your technical decision and talk with another non-technical department
- A pragmatist: your solutions are not ivory towers but driven by the context
- A thinker: you are logical, can evaluate a problem quickly, abstract it and propose solutions
Our stack 🛠
- Backend: Elixir/Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS
- Data science: Python, Keras, Pytorch, Tensorflow, Numpy
- Database/MQ: PostgreSQL, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, Redis, Rethinkdb, Memcached
- Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, GCloud
- Front-end: React, Typescript, RxJs, Styled components, Storybook
Bonus points 👌
- You are a gamer and/or love e-sports
- You've already built products with React
- Experience with ruby or elixir
- Experience with real-time interfaces
What’s in it for you 🎁
- Gaming room (PS4, PCs, Switch)
- Video game credits 🤘
- Central office in Paris (Ⓜ️Bonne Nouvelle)
- Other usual perks (health insurance, transportation participation,...)
- Work in a fast-paced, high-growth industry with innovation as our motto
Join us! 🤝
- 40k - 70k€ depending on your experience and track record + Shares
- No remote
- Paris, 40 rue de l’échiquier
- Start ASAP