At INFARM, computer scientists work next to horticulturalists and biologists collaborate with chefs. At INFARM we want to bring together a passionate and talented group of individuals and unite them under a common cause: feeding the cities of tomorrow.
Where are we now?
Our farms are automated and connected. We have over 20 farms in Berlin and will be expanding to other countries later in the year. Our farm management system allows the operators, plant scientists, and supervisors to monitor in real-time. Everything is reported and managed through our backend. We currently have over 10 million observations recorded from our farms, recording the growing conditions of the plants and status of the farms.
Who are you?
You are able to establish a technical direction and have confidence and competence when it comes to the larger architectural brushstrokes of software engineering.
- You have intimate knowledge of the whole web stack; you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- You understand when it’s better to go for the quick win and when it’s better to drive through a comprehensive technical solution.
- You can plan, design and build intelligent solutions.
- You care about the quality of your work and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You are able to provide and receive feedback. You believe that you can achieve more in a team: the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- You are a fast, thirsty learner who thrives on learning new technologies and you don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions.
- You feel responsible for everything you ship and you pride yourself on clean code, precise documentation and a perfect product.
- You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact and grow.
- You have a strong interest in Google Cloud Platform, AWS, IoT
- You possess a strong understanding of APIs over HTTP
- You have experience with react native and python and willing to share your time between those 2 languages.
- You can dive into existing backend stack to extend its API to fit frontend needs
- You have ability to translate product requirement into software that is maintainable
- You'd like to develop a mobile application with react-native.
- Experience with GIT source control
- Experience with code coverage, unit testing, and integration tests.
What do we offer?
- Exciting work in a company that has developed its own innovative growing systems
- Supportive work environment within a diverse, motivated and talented group
- Delicious meals in the office prepared by our in-house chef