Lingokids mission is to remove language barriers and provide quality education for all children around the world. To achieve it, we are building a new product for educators and we are in need of a Full-stack Developer.
We are building an online language learning platform for children. With fresh content every week, we are helping more than 6M families and their children around the world learn English in a fun and effective way. But we don't just rest on our laurels, and we want to also help educators to use Lingokids materials and methodology in their classes. To achieve this we have just launched our Educators’ Program.
As the only developer of the team, you will be responsible for implementing, documenting, maintaining and debugging the platform for educators that will be scaled worldwide.
You will also get to work on:
- An event processing pipeline that receives thousands of user generated events per second, stores them, transforms them, and forwards them onto a number of third party analytics services.
- An infrastructure topology that includes AWS-hosted computing capacity, multiple Postgres databases, message brokers, background workers, CDNs, in-memory caches, etc.
- And of course, a slew of interesting customer-facing features that you will help define side-by-side with our product folk.
- Our stack is Ruby on Rails, Postgres, AWS, Redis, React Native, and Unity 3D. We prefer to pick the right tool for the job over trendy new tech.
- Have at least 5 years of professional experience as a developer with exposure to different technologies and both backend and frontend roles
- Believe that written and spoken communication is the most important skill
to solving any engineering problem
- Have soft skills that include, empathy, inquisitiveness, and open mindedness; we are not big on dogma or cargo-culting here.
- Thrive when working as part of a diverse, multicultural, and multidisciplinary teamRelentlessly seek simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Are an engineer with a solid grasp of distinct programming paradigms, system architectures, development methodologies, and testing approaches. - - You also know when to use each one.
- Are expected to have had some experience with most of the technologies in our current stack (or be a fast learner).
- Have worked at a fast-paced, agile, product-oriented technology company before.
Perks & Benefits
- We are proud of our culture and work hard to make sure every team member loves what they do. Check some of the perks and benefits of working in the EU and being a Lingoer.
- Stock-options: Joining the Lingokids journey means you own part of the company
- Retreats & Happy Hours: Our team celebrates monthly get-togethers and an annual retreat
- Free books: We buy you any books that can help you be even better at your work
- Family Leave: Enjoy up to 4 months of paid family leave, regardless of when you joined
- Unlimited Snacks & Drinks: Our kitchen is always full, from beer to daily fresh fruits
- Visa Sponsorship: If needed, we will fully-sponsor a EU visa to come work with us
- Language Lessons: We offer language lessons in Spanish and English
- Technology: Get hooked up with a Macbook (or PC) to do your best work
- Fridays Lunch & Learn: Weekly all-hands gathering to lunch and learn from each other
- Paid time-off: 23 paid days off for everything life throws your way
International Office: Multicultural team with 10+ nationalities and day-to-day work in English
- Sunny Spain: Over 300 days of sunshine per year with blue-skies.
Interested? send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org