At synergist we design software to make negotiating legal contracts fun and rewarding. We're making human negotiations machine-readable, creating big data sets of negotiation & behavioural data and extending our reach by integrating with third-party platforms. If we do our job right, our users feel empowered to negotiate contracts and get sh*t done really quickly.
Our small team has spent 2 years (and a lot of love) crafting a beautifully simple solution to a complex and boring problem: contracts. Now, as we begin to take on more and more users, we need a Full Stack Developer to build the foundation for our technical strategy.
At synergist we believe in responsibility and autonomy. We stand up,
SCRUM, eat, build and drink together, doing whatever is necessary to
create value for our users (who pay us real money!) and make the work
personally rewarding for each and every one of us. Life is too short to
not love what you do and who you do it with.
To be super productive you'll need a background in:
* PHP frameworks (Symfony/Laravel)
* REST API
* Software engineering best practices (TDD, Continuous Integration).
* Software design best practices (SOLID, Design Patterns).
* Strong full stack understanding of web applications (DOM, HTTP, CSS etc.)
It would be super sweet if you're:
* Familiar with at least one frontend framework (React, Ember, etc) - AngularJS is preferred.
* Familiar with writing frontend unit tests using Karma or something similar.
Some things you happen to be awesome at:
* Being involved in development sprints within a small team
* Participating in feature technical design
* Making sound architectural decisions to extend our product
* Having a deep understanding of how the frontend and backend work together in the product
* Being able to switch between backend and frontend work as required
* Integrating with common, third-party SaaS platforms
* Organising and documenting your work in stories (Jira)
* Ping-pong (optional)
You've generally got experience in:
* 3+ years PHP backend development using Symfony/Laravel or similar framework
* 2+ years frontend development using a modern framework - Angular is a plus
* AGILE experience
* Experience working in a startup
* Making a killer guacamole (optional, but would be a bonus!)
If you'd like to be part of building an enterprise software company from scratch, make the lives of every person who touches legal contracts just that little bit better and do rewarding work with cool people, get in touch.