We are working in a dynamic and motivating environment where our multicultural team members contribute and grow personally and professionally. Every developer that becomes part of our eDreams ODIGEO team will have the opportunity to start in a central pool of talent, which is a great way to get to know how we work, as well as giving you the opportunity for knowledge exchange, before progressing onto specific projects. Innovation is at the core of our work and we are constantly challenged to build new solutions and evolve our business further. We believe that the best way to achieve it is to learn from each other, facilitate open communication and open exchange.
We work hard and always think out of the box to create new exciting features! For a better idea about our culture, check out the brief video of our last Hackathon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVvI30rEotI
The candidate will be responsible for the development of complex sites and applications or large components of our company’s websites.
Main responsibilities will be:
- Developing and maintaining our company’s front-ends that are selling travels to our millions of customers on a daily basis;
- Mobile first thinking;
- Paying more attention to code quality than to deadlines;
- Working closely with QA for usability;
- Helping with additional tasks in Back End Java.
Required skills and experience:
- A solid foundation in web development experience;
- Good knowledge of Java;
- Proficiency in HTML5 & CSS3;
- Experience developing large apps with Backbone.js or another client-side MVC/MV* framework (Angular, Ember, knockout, etc) is a plus;
- Previous experience with agile methodologies is a plus;
- BSc in Computing Science/Engineering is a plus;
- Ability to work both on own initiative and under instruction;
- Ability to work well under pressure and achieve tight deadlines;
- Self-motivated, organised and delivery focused;
- Ability to quickly learn and understand internal systems.