In our Barcelona office we are looking for a new colleague with a passion for building next-generation web applications. As a fullstack web developer, you are probably specialised in either backend or front-end technologies but you are really passionate (and ideally, already possess some knowledge in both areas) about becoming profficient in both.
You would initially be hired to work in a project with our long-standing client: KPN (one of the largest telecomms company in the Netherlands). You will work in a diverse multicultural team and implement innovative solutions to create high quality web applications for KPN's key business clients. Currently this team is comprised of 11 persons who over time became full-stack developers.
WHO WE ARE
We are an independent, specialist agency with over 60 professionals from all over the globe, working from offices in Barcelona (Spain) and Almere (The Netherlands) for a variety of Dutch clients. We are passionate about crafting lovable and usable digital experiences that help move brands and people forward. We are dreamers and makers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a fullstack web developer, you will spend most of your time designing and coding technical solutions. You will also work with your team to help make estimates, define project structure and architecture. We expect you to adopt both our client's and Elements' way of working and make suggestions to continuously improve it. Last but not least, we hope you bring a natural drive to stay up to date with the latest technological innovations.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery, TDD and test automation
- Experience with AWS is favourable
- Experience with working in agile project teams (Scrum, Kanban)
- Excellent English language (both written and spoken) and communication skills
- Proactive and independent thinker, flexible, open-minded mindset
- Inclusive with a team-player attitude
- Valid working permit for Spain/EU (we may consider visa sponsorship for highly qualified candidates that fullfil the necessary requirements)
- Ideally, you are based in Barcelona area or nearby, but for this vacancy we are open to consider remote candidates living in other areas of Spain.
WHAT WE OFFER
Please, note that the current situation caused by Covid-19 has an impact on some of the benefits we offer (e.g. team events). Also, right now going to the office is on voluntary basis.
- You will be a part of our international, talented and inspiring developers team, where you get to teach and learn at the same time
- We provide you with the equipment of your choice (laptop & accessories)
- When in office, we provide you with free breakfast, snacks, fruits and refreshments every day, unlimited freshly ground coffee and large variety of teas
- You will have flexible working hours and possibility to balance WFH with working at the office
- We also offer an opportunity to work on your health by organising team sports activities and providing significant discounts for physiotherapy sessions
- We encourage you to visit events/conferences and/or take courses to keep up-to-date and gain new skills
- Language Courses (when applicable)
- In addition to your salary, we contribute to your daily lunch costs through a Sodexo Restaurant Card
- We also offer a flexible compensation plan for your transport, lunch and nursery costs
- An insured company bicycle for home-work commute and personal use
- And, to top it off, what is work without some fun? We regularly organise drinks, dinners and team building outings (We hope to be able to do this soon again, once the pandemic situation improves.)
Do you see this role as a good match? Then we'd love to hear from you!
But one thing will never change — and it’s the one thing technology can’t replicate. Our hearts, minds and souls. Since day one, we’ve incorporated the human element into everything we do. We believe people come first. This is what sets Elements apart. We combine our unique human DNA and technical craftsmanship into every digital experience we create for our customers.
It’s our responsibility to maintain this human factor to make tech work for us and with us. This is how we will keep leading the way to a smarter, more human-focused future.
Our pragmatic mindset and down to earth attitude have not changed since our early start in 1996. While our relatively small team consists of people from different backgrounds, a passion for technology and user experience brings us together.