Do you recognize yourself in the following?
I’m self-motivated and highly responsible – I thrive on freedom
I enjoy working in a dynamic and agile environment
I'm always open to new ideas, perspectives and solutions
I’m eager to learn, and love to share
I'd love to work with a fun, informal and diverse bunch of people
Then we are looking for you!
As a Full-Stack Web Developer, you will be joining our experienced development team, and build features and products that bring fun games to tens of millions of users. You'll collaborate with our back-end and front-end developers, and work on various aspects of our code and infrastructure. You'll build microservices in Go and continuously deploy to our high-performance microservice infrastructure on AWS, but you'll also hack away on our React/Redux front-end. You own your microservices, so we're willing let you experiment with other languages from time to time as well.
- Create microservices in Go and Node.js. Experiment with other technologies as you see fit.
- Contribute to the new back and front-end of the Poki Platform, allowing it to grow from 30 million to 100 million monthly active users and beyond.
Unify our code base and separate front and backend with low-latency web API’s.
- Build and continuously deploy features for tens of millions of users around the world.
- Create SDKs and APIs that will be integrated by hundreds of game developers around the world.
- Build dashboards for game developers and translate large sets data to actionable insights.
- Microservices on AWS
- We just switched from PHP to Go on the back-end
- React and Redux on the front-end, Node.js for server-side rendering
- Gitlab for CI, unit tests and deployment
- Docker for containers
- Kubernetes for cluster orchestration
Have 5+ years of professional programming experience, and a lot longer than that as a hobby.
- Have a deep understanding of modern-day web technologies.
- Feel comfortable working on the command line.
hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure technologies, including
continuous integration tools such as Gitlab, systems monitoring and
alerting with tools such as AWS Cloudwatch and Elasticsearch.
Have a solid understanding of design patterns and MVC frameworks.
Have a “more effort now to save effort later” mentality.
Have a passion for outstanding results, not just clean code.
Have a master’s degree or equivalent level of critical thinking.
Have excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
Are based in The Netherlands, preferably around Amsterdam.
with Go and Node.js would be cool, but we believe any good programmer
can easily pick up a new language. Your skills, smarts and vision are
way more important.
- Open-source project contributions
A competitive salary
State of the art equipment
Work in a fun, friendly and informal environment
A workplace that respects developer productivity
A diverse, talented and self-motivated team
The opportunity to contribute to our strategy with your technical expertise
A chance to build your career with our fast-growing company
- No formal hierarchy and a lot of personal responsibility and freedom