We are Scytl. A company dedicated to providing secure and advanced technology, founded on research and experience, to meet modern-day electoral challenges. With an eye toward the future, Scytl drives the digital transformation and modernization of elections and decision-making processes by delivering outstanding solutions that are secure, transparent, and accessible.
Our global team, based in Europe, North America and Australia, ensure that our cutting-edge technology is implemented with precision and expertise. Scytl belongs to Paragon Group, the leading provider of identification, customer data and graphics technologies. Paragon group is an international group based in Ireland, with a total turnover of over $1.3 billion and more than 9,000 employees.
Whether your passion lies in academic research or providing solutions to enhance democracy around the world, help us drive elections into the future, one ballot at a time.
For more information, visit www.scytl.com
Interested in putting your brain to the test? Scytl’s Operations team is looking for dedicated engineers and analysts who thrive on solving technical challenges and strive for innovation. Surrounded by a team of experts who are motivated by making a difference and having a lasting impact on elections worldwide, you will be welcomed into a family that is proactive, adaptable and resilient in working toward improving election technology. Scytl’s online voting solutions bring sophisticated research to the hands of millions of people worldwide, making elections secure, accessible and convenient. So, are you ready to transform and modernize elections with us? Apply today!
Our Full Stack Software Engineer is fond of security and cryptography and an excellent software developer with the ability to deliver an accurate and timely output within a dynamic environment.
The responsibilities as a Full Stack Developer are:
- Development and optimization of projects aimed at enhancing Scytl’s election modernization solutions
- Participation in the analysis and architectural design of new implementations of research outputs
- Play a key role in setting up and deploy development and test environments of the innovation project portfolio
- Translate provided requirements and designs into high quality and intuitive user interfaces and user experiences.
- Testing for browsers and OS compatibility.
- Work together with Frondend and Backend Developers and QA to make the things happen.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle of Java applications in Tomcat server.
- Experience in unit testing.
- Experience with testing tools such as Postman, curl or similar.
- Experience in multiplatform development (Linux, UNIX, Windows).
- Knowledge of data access applications development and databases such as Oracle DB (or similar).
- Sound knowledge of SQL, ODBC/JDBC , XML, Design Patterns.
- University Degree, preferably in Computer Science or similar.
- Good analytical skills with a challenging and enquiring mind.
- Good communication skills as well as organized, persistent and driven to get the things done.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Good English at both spoken and written levels.
Extra points for
- System Administration skills at any level.
- Scripting skills (Python, Bash...)
- Experience with cloud environments (Amazon, OpenStack…)
Scytl is recognized worldwide for helping revolutionize Democracy. Our secure election management and online voting solutions are helping organizations around the globe increase and improve participatory democracy, citizen empowerment and public transparency via innovative online technology.
Our highly energized company works with governments across all 5 continents, helping countries as different as the US, Norway, Uganda, UAE, Switzerland, Canada, Tunisia, Australia and Spain modernize their electoral processes making elections more engaging, participatory, transparent, accessible and secure.