Our current stack: ReactJS, Node, Express framework, PHP, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL
Emerald Stay is a Swiss tech-enabled hospitality management company focussing on premium properties across Europe. To homeowners, we offer an end-to-end solution to monetise their assets in total peace of mind, harnessing the powers of technology, data science and top industry talents. On the other end of our business, we offer a community of global travellers and businesses the intimacy of small premium properties across multiple destinations with Swiss hospitality and local experiences.
Emerald Stay was founded by finance, real estate and hospitality tech professionals, and is backed by influential international investors. We have offices in Geneva and Barcelona.
- Migrate current PHP API to a REST API in NodeJS Express.
- Work with internal stakeholders to design, develop and improve our current and future applications.
- Write scalable, maintainable, and testable code
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience with ReactJS, NodeJS, NPM, Express and MySQL.
- Experience working in a team with business-driven goals and shipping MVPs.
- Experience with Gitlab, Github or Bitbucket.
- Experience with unit testing, Test-Driven Development (TDD) etc.
- An understanding of Docker, pipelines and E2E testing.
- Experience with Stripe integration is a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes and building microservices is a plus.
- Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure is a plus.
- Experience with PHP is a plus.
- English verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems and learn from them, a strong desire to learn and grow.
KEY INFORMATION ON THE POSITION
- Office address: Carrer de Paris 207, 5-1, 08008 Barcelona
- Competitive salary based on experience
We offer a work environment that values and empowers people while fostering personal development. Our culture is dictated by the following values:
- Make Mistakes - We foster a creative environment where the best ideas win, where it is okay to make mistakes and unacceptable not to learn from them.
- Question - We don't accept the status quo and look for ways to leverage technology while empowering people.
- Speak Up - We are true people who give honest feedback, who are not afraid to share opinions and who don't talk behind one's back.
- Think Big - While staying humble, we aim for the stars and work towards established goals and metrics.
- Don’t Compromise - We are obsessed with quality, like a Swiss watchmaker.
- Care - We care about our team members, our partners and our clients, and make our passion and our work one and the same.
We are demanding. People have been let go for a lack of performance - everyone really counts at Emerald Stay. In other words, the contractual working time is the least we expect. But keep in mind that we value hard work and give growth opportunities to those who deserve it. We want you to grow with the company.
Feeling aligned? Then we want you on the Emerald Stay team!
JUST SO YOU KNOW - OUR TEAM MEMBERS PERKS
- All-year-round discount of 250€ or 10% off on Emerald stays
- Discount of 50% off on Emerald stays during low season, on selected properties (subject to availability and approval from management)
- 10% discount on selected hotels in Barcelona, Madrid, London and Paris
- Personal training budget of 500€ unlocked on each work anniversary
- 1 workday or 100€ per year for a charity of your choice
- Coaching program for Director level and above from 1st anniversary
- Yearly team off-site
- Occasional team outings
- Bi-monthly team breakfast
- Fruits, Tea & Coffee