Although this role is focused on expertise in Python, the candidate is expected to be able to work on all the layers of the stack. That includes OS layer, server, database, back-end, API and frontend.
We are looking for self-motivated, hit-the-ground-running kind of geeks who love and enjoy what they do and can do their jobs in a transparent and professional manner. We are creating a culture of code ownership and motivation within the team.
The developer is expected to participate in ongoing projects/sprints as well as new ones that are at the planning and design stages. So, he/she are expected to be able to participate in all the development stages from brainstorming to review and deployment. The ideal candidate is someone who has a proper sense of balance between perfecting a code and pragmatically following the timeline. We do not reinvent the wheel nor do we like over-implementation.
At this stage, the main challenge for our department is properly documenting, maintaining, extending and updating legacy code bases while swiftly shifting focus to a micro-services architecture.
- Attend daily stand-ups meetings, participate in sprints, update tasks status in sprint boards.
- Participate in code review / merge requests.
- Participate in product development brainstorming.
- Write clean, efficient, maintainable and extensible code while following the proper design principles, conventions and style.
- Maintain existing projects, update old features and occasionally debug code.
- Participate in designing and implementing new features.
- Proper documentation of new and legacy code.
- Attend meetings with other teams to get feedback and brainstorm on new requirements.
- 3+ years of experience in Python and at least 1+ year experience in Django.
- Proper knowledge of Computer Science theory and principles is required. A computer science (or equivalent) degree is required.
- Proper knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (or Paradigm if you prefer) is a must.
- Experience with MySQL, Linux and Nginx.
- Experience with front-end technologies such as jQuery and Bootstrap. AngularJs and/or Reactis highly appreciated.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies, Test Driven Development and Git.
- Experience with other MVC frameworks and REST APIs is a plus.
- Knowledge of the SOLID principles and other fundamentals of efficient code design.
- Experience with Docker, AWS cloud, Google cloud or Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with C.I and C.D.
- Ability to think in architecture and logic layers is a plus.
Other Qualifications / Soft Skills:
- Full professional fluency in English is a must.
- Ability and willingness to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to communicate and present ideas clearly and listen to others’ ideas.
- Self-motivation and the ability to navigate in a startup environment.
- A pragmatic approach to work and a “get it done” attitude.
- • Being an avid reader on new technologies with an open mind and minimal tech biases (we know you have some)
About Opportunity Network