At Bistrohub, we provide the first integration solution for restaurants to manage all their online orders from a single interface, integrate with their POS, avoid mistakes and focus on their growth. But this is only the beginning: we aim to become the center of all operations for a restaurant.
What we expect from you…
As a product engineer at Bistrohub we expect you to sit at the intersection of technology, design and business, with a stronger stance on the tech side.
We don’t want you to be a code monkey, but to engineer wisely, across all the stack, with the end users in mind. And, because we are a small team, we expect you to do it with autonomy: to carry a task from conception to delivery, making sensible decisions along the way, while discussing them with the team when needed.
We also need you to have attention to detail, to achieve thoroughness when accomplishing a task, for two main reasons: because we are not building a throwaway MVP but a lasting product, and because we need Bistrohub to be robust. We cannot afford to make mistakes when dealing with restaurant orders: we all know as users how annoying that can be, and how harmful to a restaurant’s reputation.
We would like you to join us through the entire lifecycle of the product, from the early research – design phase we are in, all the way to launch. We may will live this lifecycle many times as we refine and expand! Now, especifically, what we expect from you
… during your first months here
- We are finishing the first iteration of our product and experiencing A LOT of interest. We are very excited about this but any workload you can start taking off from our hands would be great 💪.
- Understand our customers and our users pains (our users might not exactly be our customers!).
- Develop a feeling of ownership over your work and the product.
… for the future!
- Help us refine and implement the set of features required for the MVP of our product.
- Develop a long term vision and co-drive the platform roadmap with us.
Our (current) tech stack
We are almost a full monolith now: it suits our needs best at this stage. However, all our (not micro) services are dockerized. Our backend is made with Django, making a heavy use of DRF serializers. We use self-hosted PostgreSQL as the DB and dramatiq for async task processing: not huge fans of Celery. On the frontend, we use React, relying as much as we can on react-admin (pragmatism above all). Typescript team here. We use Bitbucket Pipelines to deploy to Google Cloud Platform (although we are not using any specific service from there).
Specific experience with our tech stack is a nice-to-have, but we will give more value to having experience with the underlying concepts (relational databases, working with ORMs, successful use of any design system…), and above all, the ability and willingness to learn them on your own (not without our help!).
UI/UX experience will be very appreciated.
- Salary range: 34k to 45k (we can talk about the extremes).
- Beautiful offices at Loom Salamanca (Madrid), with FREE COFFEE (also cookies and fruit but who cares!).
- However, you can work at Bistrohub as a fully remote position if you desire so (or just sometimes…! As little or as much as you want!).
- Fully flexible schedule, we just aim to overlap 4 hours.
- Results-oriented performance evaluation: no time-tracking (unless you like to do so, I do). We expect you to be a responsible team member. That’s it.
- You choose your laptop ;).
Who we are
We are a small team, with an aim for large impact, we move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are – your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.