What would be your role?
We’re currently looking to strengthening our Growth Team with our first Full-Stack Growth Engineer – a crossover profile combining an interest and flair of user behavior, UX research, rapid experiments and conversions with a strong and up-to-date knowledge of both frontend and backend languages.
Here at Casumo, we have our lovingly
crafted and award-winning online casino product and a suite of bespoke
tools to support us in being the best we can be. These are all
constantly evolving through the combined creativity of everyone here. As
part of the team, you will help guide this evolution in collaboration
with a full stack team of developers and designers, while working
closely with our content producers, marketing gurus, player ambassadors
and anyone else who wants to get involved.
You will join a small team focused on optimizing the user experience in the acquisition funnel, a business critical part of our product, in order to drive more conversions and help Casumo achieve more for less. But that’s not all – you’ll be touching many different areas of the product, with the common goal to drive conversions, engagement, retention and virality in order to grow the business. So put your growth hacker hat on, brainstorm with the team, build experiments, launch A/B tests, integrate new tools and have a relaxing beer at the office terrace on Friday!
Who are you?
You are a full-stack developer who’s been working closely with multi-disciplined teams focusing on growth, CRO, UX and complex technologies. You love data, both in the shape of hunches and hard metrics. You find it equally interesting to dig into data, study user behavior and conduct user tests, as going into crunch mode and coding the perfect UI treatment to launch as an A/B test. You are an open-minded, honest and driven problem solver, who is not only hungry for more learnings but also able to spread knowledge and enthusiasm to others around you.
Does this sound like you?
- Looking forward to working in a small and fast-paced growth team crafting and launching experiments.
- Cool words like UX, CRO and Growth Hacking don’t sound alien to you. You’re genuinely interested in these areas and maybe you’ve even been working in a team tackling these things before.
- A curious cat, interested in how users perceive and use online technology and UIs.
- Worked with some distributed systems in the past. Familiar with message queues, micro services and tools like Docker, Spring, Jenkins/TeamCity.
- Enjoy the challenge of finding the optimal compromise between user experience, monetary performance and artistic value.
- Has a true interest that reaches beyond any course or education.
- Independent and self-motivated. Idling is not your thing, you are a team-player and a self-starter.
- Can create positive changes, without losing friends over the existence of semi-colons.
- A jolly good sentient being.
- You appreciate this video https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/wat and you get these http://saijogeorge.com/css-puns/
What will you be doing?
At Casumo, we strive to create the optimal developer experience. We believe in every individual’s needs and desires to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment. This includes being in control of your own schedule, tools, meetings and projects. As a developer at Casumo you will work with an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We strongly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is key to reach higher aims.
This role is a new one at Casumo, which means you will have a great impact on how we work going forward. We usually look for jacks-of-all-trades and the same is true here, but we believe that this role could add a lot of value to the team and the company as a whole. Here are some examples of stuffs you’d probably find yourself doing:
- Implementation of new UX research, analytics and A/B testing tools.
- Crafting of highly-converting start-pages, landing pages, registration flows, onboarding flows and payment flows.
- Working on viral product features, focusing on increasing the K-factor.
- Taking part in analysis, investigations, brainstorming sessions and all the other nice things orbiting actual development.
- Developing JS and Java web apps for mobile and desktop.
- Evangelizing for the importance of data-based decision making and showcasing our achievements.
- Fiddling with Knockout, Durandal, RequireJS, Lodash, Moment, Greensock, jQuery, Bluebird, our in-house bespoke A/B testing framework, Mixpanel and more.
- Continuous integration, you deploy when you are ready.
- Dedicated time for experiments, it can be new frameworks, ES6 or whatever rocks your boat.
Stuff you probably know:
- Java, Spring, CQRS, MySQL, Bash
- Docker, Vagrant.
- NPM, Bower, Gulp.
- Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Intern, Karma.
- Git, Github, Zenhub, Slack, Screenhero.
As the gaming world zigs, Casumo zag. We will not only challenge the other gaming companies in the industry—we will challenge all their conventions about how to be a gaming company. We don’t believe that casinos always will look the way they do today, and we want to be the thought leader driving that change. It’s a long process but it all revolves around one question: how will chance based gaming about money work in the future?
We’re a flat organization which means we stay away from unnecessary titles and corporate gibberish. Our work style is characterized by transparency, humbleness and speed, with autonomous, cross-functional and highly-skilled teams working closely together towards a clear vision. The possibility to create something new and to make a real difference is what really drives us. Together, we’re writing the future of gaming.
Our tech stack: KnockOutJS, Durandel, ReactJS, VueJS, React Native
Java, Spring Boot, Spring, Hibernate, Microservices, EventSourcing, CQRS, DDD, messaging (RabbitMQ) and Axon, Docker, Jenkins, AWS, Cloud
Check our current positions at https://www.casumocareers.com/?utm_source=JobFluent&utm_medium=Paying%20job%20portal&utm_content=gb&utm_term=%23REF!
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!