Full-stack Engineer in Madrid
More than 20 years ago, zooplus was one of the first to bring the pet category into the world of eCommerce. Today, we stand strong as Europe’s leading online pet platform, delivering moments of happiness to more than 9 million pet parents each year.
zooplus is building an in-house big data platform that will allow us to scale our data strategy for the future. In this role you will have the opportunity to be working on the development of a cutting-edge data platform that is core for the company. You will join an agile team, goal oriented, and with other experienced. Your focus will be the on frontend development, but you will also have the opportunity to learn and contribute to the rest of the needs of the team like infrastructure management or backend development if needed to reach the goal of the product.
Our tech stack includes (but is far from limited to):
- Vue.js, Vuex, Vuetify, Figma, Axios, Vuelidate, Cypress, Cucumber
- Argo, Akka, Spark, Parquet, Flux, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Terraform
- AWS (Athena, EKS, Aurora …)
We work 8 days per month at the office: in our case the whole team decided to do the most interactive work sessions face to face, like Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, Design workshops or work for some time on a pair (or mob) programming way, our goal is to generate trust, do team-building and solve complex challenges face to face to save time. The rest of the month we work from home in order to have a flexible schedule and a work-life balance.
Our way of working is composed of Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Lean Software practices. The cross-functional dev team holds full ownership, from idea to production with a DevOps mindset: you build it you run it.
We’re an agile company, our IT Culture fosters cross-functional teams (a.k.a Feature Teams) where the focus is on product specialization, and trust is one of our core values.
What you will be responsible for
We’re looking for a person that will help the team with full-stack development of the web application of our big data platform:
- Software development focused on big data with a variety of languages and tools
- Implement backend services in a variety of languages including Scala
- Support on the development and design of the backend side of the product
- Work with Amazon Web Services
- Develop and design the web UI of our product with performance, scalability and simplicity in mind and following best practices for frontend software development.
- You build it, you run it, you own it. From development to production.
To work together in an optimal way in this position, we wish your qualifications to include:
- (Desirable) BS/M. Tech in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Human-Computer Interaction and the principles of User Experience.
- Solid experience in software engineering
- Knowledge about REST APIs design
- Expertise in Frontend and Backend best practices.
- Willing to work with cloud technologies in Amazon Web Services.
- Fluent English
With more than 1,000 passionate professionals located across 10 European offices, we believe our success comes from working together and leveraging our international strengths. Expect to work in a hybrid environment, collaborating with colleagues in different locations remotely or face-to-face at the office.
🐾 20% discount in our zooplus shop
📖 Internal and external training
🎈 Team events
✈️ 28 Annual Vacation Days
🩺 Private Medical Health Insurance
⏰ Hybrid working model (up to 60% remote)
Want to know more? Learn more about who we are and what we do and visit our LinkedIn company profile.
zooplus is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.