Artory is the the Registry for the Art World and wants you to be a part of it!
Artory has built the world's largest repository of data for the art world. Transparency and integrity is paramount in gaining the trust of the market and becoming the go-to resource for artwork-related information. The Registry enables partners (e.g. dealers and auction houses) to register important events of an artwork, which serve as immutable, long-lasting documentation for the artwork. Partners provide artwork owners with anonymous private keys, allowing them to identify as the owner without storing their identity in the registry.
We ensure the integrity of the data with progressive cryptography and blockchain integration. Our goal is to bring the benefits of public-key cryptography and blockchain technology to the art market. We want to make these technologies more approachable and easy to use in order to increase confidence in both buyers and sellers of art.
We are pushing forward to develop further products based on blockchain smart contracts to extend the Registry. Your role would be to continuously explore those fields and be a driving force for developments there.
We value sharing experience and collaboration in a scrum-style process. As a team, we are committed to basing our work in proper testing and using up-to-date technologies. Engineering is currently comprised of 4 engineers, there is a dedicated product owner and a designer. Across the pond, our sales and content teams are located in New York, the hub of the art market. All communication in the team happens in English. We do lunch-talks to facilitate information sharing.
- knowledge of public-key cryptography theory
- good technical understanding of Bitcoin
- speak English at a professional level
- work on-site in our Berlin Office (fulltime)
- you automate what you do more than once, prefer testing to manual probing around
- you prefer monitoring and solid systems to getting woken up at night to fire-fight infrastructure issues
- experience building highly secure systems
- experience writing software interacting with the Bitcoin network
- experience creating and maintaining Ethereum smart contracts
- experience in developing a crypto-wallet
- following current news in the blockchain and cryptocurrency community
- Small code assignment which we'll review
- Short casual conversation (30 mins, non-technical/Skype)
- Technical interview (1 hour, Skype or on-site)
- Trial day with a larger assignment
- Interview with MD/Offer
- Competitive salary and life-friendly working hours
- Team and company events (we visit art exhibitions regularly)
- You get the hardware you need to work
- 25 days of paid leave
- Nice, spacious office environment in the heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Ergonomic chairs, Yoga sessions, ping-pong table, free drinks and coffee
- Company-sponsored German class
Artory commits itself to the principles of equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, nationality, religion, political or other opinion, sex, age, disability or sexual identity or orientation.